UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC clarifications?

Nestlé

Alright, I only recently started buying DC comics again, thinking it would be a good time since most of the books are staring again @ #1.

That being said, I'm a little confused about some points. Can anyone clarify?

First, what happened to Wally? In 52 I thought Bart said he was raising the twins. But, in the new Flash book Bart is all alone and sad and it sounds like Wally died. What's the story?

Also, can anyone explain to me what's going on with the "2nd Earth?"

Is it supposed to be identical to Earth 1 (except Donna Troy died instead of Jade) or is it supposed to be like Marvel's "Ultimate" universe? I'm pretty confused as to what exactly it is. :(

Wally, Twins et al become one with the Speed Force and they are getting raised in there... (I think, it wasnt very clear)

There is no second Earth, all the Earths merged into "New Earth", however it has already become divergent from what should have happened, and thats why the Monitors have appeared, to Monitor the divergences, namely Donna, Ion, Nightwing and Supergirl, all of whoms lives should have gone differently but were altered by the divergence.

Thats my grasp anyways, I might be totally wrong.

Hmmmm...

What confuses me about the whole "new earth" thing is:

Pg. 32 of 52 #6.

And Justice League of America #0.

In the JL comic I thought Batman FINDS another earth.

I have no idea... :(

The JL comic is flipping between the past, future and the present, that page or one of the preceeding ones is titled "Yesturday", its a retrospective on the League - in this case a flashback to before the original crisis (Is that the section where they say the flash found it as it vibrates differently?). The 52 thing is from a backup story, namely the History of the DCU, again refering to the original crisis. IIRC anyways.

As it stands now in the DCU there is one earth and one universe.

I like DC but most of the time their stories are really compicated :angry:

B) :deathstroke:

See I'd have said it the other way round and think marvel overly complicates thier history/storytelling... I haven't understood the xmen probeprly since the early 80's :unsure:

At least DC does big events and everything is cleaned up, yes there's change but most of the loose ends aretied up... The dif to me is that DC cares about continuity hand history where as marvel will trash it just to make a quick buck...

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I don't want to argue. If anything, I'm thankful that you cleared those things up for me Ady... But I'm not sure... I think there ARE 2 Earths. :(

Re-read JL#0.

You know the page we talked about where Flash found the other Earth?

It says Future on it... Plus, Superman mentions the multiverse saying "We've seen a full blown multiverse, why should we care about a second earth?"

Typo? :huh:

Hmmmm, there was an Earth 2 story done by Morrison and Quitely. If you've not read it check it out cos it's well worth a look. I wonder if the second Earth that Flash discovers is intended to make Morrison's Earth 2 canon? I'm only thinking aloud here as I'm not up to speed on DC continuity myself but I know the guy who's writing JLA has included Dark Knight Returns as one of the future scenarios.