UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom commissions-Anyone need to make a little cash?

MiKeKinD

(If this doesn't belong here, I apologize, but it just made sense to post this here.)

I've been harassing a number of customizers on here about doing some commission work for me, but I decided to just get word out that I need some heads. I have minimates for trade or Paypal cash OR personal checks.

I'm not as coordinated as I would like, so I can't paint faces. I need some made, somehow. I don't know from decals, but if someone feels they could get the job done that way, that would be fine as well. I can draw the designs if you need me to, but no matter what I'll provide visual references.

If you only want to do full minimates, that's fine(maybe even better) too. we can negotiate, just shoot me a message.

I need the following constructed:

Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Penn

Teller

Jamie Hyneman

Adam Savage

Alton Brown

Me

Thanks in advance everyone.

I guess this is the right place to post this and I bet there are a few well talented folks around here who might be able to help you out with your comissions, but I guess it would be pretty good to post some pics, be precise on what you want, so everybody knows exactly what you're looking for. Just a thought.

I guess this is the right place to post this and I bet there are a few well talented folks around here who might be able to help you out with your comissions, but I guess it would be pretty good to post some pics, be precise on what you want, so everybody knows exactly what you're looking for. Just a thought.

A valid point-

Shawn Michaels-He needs a five o'clock shadow,but I'm cool with either a serious or smirking expression, whichever looks more accurate

NiceShawn.jpg

ShawnMichaels.png

John Cena

john_cena.jpg

john-cena-1.jpg

Penn and Teller

penn-and-teller.jpg

PennandTeller.jpg

Adam Savage-I want him smiling with his teeth showing, but with regular blocky glasses, not sunglasses.

018e4ade.jpg

P6230004.jpg

Jamie Hyneman

72deb2d8.jpg

Alton Brown-I want him with a smirk, and maybe one eyebrow raised a little bitty bit

alton_brown.jpg

alton.jpg

Me-I'm the guy on the right

photos_023-1.jpg

Jamie and Adam were just up here in Wisconsin filming an episode for Mythbusters. My cousin and his girlfriend's sisters's husband (whew) got to be on the set since they bought and used their car in the show. I'm also jealous that you got to meet Mick. I have met most of the old school ECW wrestlers, but would love the chance to meet Mick Foley.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Sorry to keep this thread moving away from its original intent, but the only pro wresters who I ever got autographs for were the "triple threat" circa 1995--Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, Bam Bam Bigalow, Francine, and Tammy Sitch. I got one of their shirts autographed, and sold it on EBay a few years ago for around $50. Now I regret it, of course. As anyone who knows pro-wrestling knows, many wrestlers' lives have tragic endings, and it happened to both Candido and Bigalow.

I saw Foley (pre-Mankind) wrestling down near New Orleans at a bingo hall (shocking, right?) around 1994. It was an indie show with probably 200 people in attendance, and I couldn't believe the crazy stuff he was doing to his body for basically no pay and no real exposure. Iceman King Parsons should have stayed at home that day. Gentleman Chris Adams, another tragic pro-wrestling story, co-headlined that show with Foley.

lol, yes, I want old man Michaels. To me, his performances now are better than they were when he was younger.

You seeing foley at a little show is awesome, I would have loved to see one of these guys before they hit it big.

Mick was incredibly nice. He saw how starstruck me and my friends were,( the first time i met him, not pictured) and he broke the ice and talked to me about my friday the 13th shirt. He told me a great story about how he hung out with one of the jason actors. He ended up talking to us for like 20 minutes.

Edited by MiKeKinD

Penn

Teller

Jamie Hyneman

Adam Savage

Alton Brown

I think these 5 would be REAL easy to make into mates, all you'd need is a sticker/decal for the faces and the following:

Penn:

-Tony Stark

-a belt/washer/something to add a cm or two of height

-modified Cassandra Cain/Harley Quinn hair for pony tale.

-Decal face

Teller:

-Suit coat (open to make him look less bulky then Penn)

-Black mate body with flesh hands

-black version of Professor X suit top (can be made from Decal pack at Luke's blog)

-Penguin Feet

-Face Decal

Adam:

-Black Torso/Arms with flesh hands (arms painted flesh to be short sleeves)

-Chef Duff lower Torso

-a decal for a 'crazy shirt' logo of your choosing

-face decal with hair printed on (representing his "short hair" look from earlier seasons)

... actually you could probably just use a Hunt Mate in place of making a logo shirt and duffs pants, but that's insanely costly

Jamie:

-Chef Duff arms and torso (no jacket) replace charm city logo with a decal representing his work shirt.

-Black pants of your choosing

-Face Decal

-Chef Duff's hat (or maybe M.Bison's) modified to look like a berette

-Face decal

-Oh, and the Chef Duff accessories can double as Mythbusting gear

Alton:

-Playboy Tony Stark would make for a lovely "Iron Chef" host Alton base, not sure if there's a bowler shirt piece out there to make Good Eats Alton though... not sure how his hair would work, Buffalo Bill or BSG Baltar could double for the new "long mid-life crisis hair" style he's sporting now but his original hair or the "Feasting on Asphault" 'Crazy Professor Beard' look are harder to match.