UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman/Superman variants

drgnrbrn316

Cyborg Supes. Superman Blue, Superman Red, Mullet head Superman, Beaten to a bloody pulp by Doomsday Superman.

Moody Batman, Driven Batman, Surly Batman, Angry Batman. All exactly the same figure just with subtle variations to the facial expression. The kids'll love em! :D

That's one advantage of the more fan-focused DCD mates is the fact we'll end up with more comic flavored variations instead of even worse fate of getting stuff like Neon Puke Patrol Batman and Underwater Armor Superman that more mass-market/kid focused stuff like C3 ended up with. I might hate the overuse of variations, but at least Marvel Minimates haven't suffered that fate... yet...

Well, I really don't know how many Batmans there could possibly be, maybe the subtle differences that he's gone through from way back when to right now. Maybe. Like the one from the first animated series with the round bat symbol in yellow or the original suit he wore in detective comics. You know the one, it had a freaky looking head piece. Someone quickly get a pic. :D

I second the call for Composite Superman, Superman Red and Superman Blue.

Other Superman variants can include Superman in the black/silver outfit, Superman in Kryptonian robes, Superman robots, Clark Kent, Clark Kent with his shirt open to reveal his costume, and Superman with the mullet he had when we returned from the dead.

I have never really followed DC Comics, but here are a few I'd like to see:

Superman

-Arrival Suit (Black with Silver "S")

-Blue Electro Superman (Superman Blue I guess)

-Superman in Space Outfit (Superman: TAS)

-Superman in Lead Outfit (Superman: TAS)

-Clark Kent

-Clark Kent with "S" (credits Boyd)

-Superman (Red Son)

-Kingdom Come Superman (with grey hair)

Batman

-Batman Beyond Batman

-Batman Begins Batman

-Justice Lords Batman

-Soldier Bruce Wayne (Justice League Season 1, forgot episode)

-Aqua Batman (fins, special mask)

-Space Batman (helmet)

-Azrael Batman

-Kingdom Come Batman

While I'm not a huge fan or random batmen like Jungle Attack Batman or Supermarket Sweep Batman. I think practical variations like Aqua, Space, Pilot, etc. are cool and should be made. neo

Variants are a great place for them to do artist-specific versions of the characters. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see how they convey a particular artist's style with the constraints of the MiniMate form.

Of course, there are plenty of valid options even if they don't go that route, especially for Superman. And if they dip in to Elseworlds (which they should), then there are even more. I'd cream my pants if there were a Kingdom Come Batman.

I too would like to see a Kingdom Come Superman and Batman. And while we're at it a Kingdom Come Green Lantern and Flash.

I want a Red Son Superman and Batman and the Electric Blue Superman!

I want Naughty Batgirl and Strippin' Wonder Woman.

I see your Naughty Batgirl and Strippin' Wonder Woman & raise you with Slutty Supergirl, Worn-Knees Wonder Girl, Hot & Bothered Hawkgirl, and Pimped Out Power Girl (...a TBT-exclusive)! :wub:

:lol: lol, I'll take a box-set of mini cleavage.

Edit: I think we left "Horny Huntrress" from this set. :P

How about Jimmy Olsen, the Batman Superman of Earth X?

supermanbatmanofearthx.jpg

:D

I hope that if we get covered in Superman and Batman variants, they're not made up. I got a bunch of designs for various Elseworlds Minis in my gallery, and I hope we get those over Hazmat Batman.

Shrock's gallery, with Elseworlds, First appearance, and who knows what other Batman and Superman variants!

I too would like to see a Kingdom Come Superman and Batman. And while we're at it a Kingdom Come Green Lantern and Flash.

We're almost getting a KC Superman in the Braniac set (or is it the Lex set?) - the one with the red and black \S/ - all it really needs is a little grey at the temples and you'd be set.

KC Flash is a great concept simply because I want to see more translucent mates. I'd want a complete JSA first though, before getting into the Ross-verse. So, a JSA Batman, Superman, Batwoman, and Robin would be high on my list as well.

Hopefully DCD mates will expand beyond SuperBatWoman and branch out to the rest of the DCU. (I'm really digging that Adam Strange custom I saw recently on the customs board!)