UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

San Diego peeps

Rad

Just seen the aftermath of the fighter jet crash on the news. I'm well aware we have quite a few members in that area. I hope you and yours are all okay. Hopefully, what with it being daytime when it happened, all of those houses were empty.

This is actually closest to me than the other regulars here. It's about a couple of miles from where I live but on the other side of the little canyon. I was totally surprised by this but thankful that I've heard no reports of any injuries. I also work a few miles from where I live so from work during lunch, I could see the helicopter flying around but I couldn't see the smoke. Might also be because it is a rather gloomy day. My friend said he could see it though. It was the talk of the office after lunch. Kind of scary. It could have landed anywhere nearby...

Wow first I heard was here too!

Thats about 10 miles from me so unlikely I'd have seen or heard anything.

Considering the amount of jets that fly to and from Miramar it was bound to happen eventually I guess. I used to drive by it twice a day and would almost always see jets coming in for landings there, oddly something you get used to in SD are military helicopters and Jets zipping around.

(Useless trivia for out of town folks that's the airbase where the movie top gun was filmed)

Sad to hear people were possibly killed in the accident. :(

T.

Gosh, what terrible news. My wife and I left San Diego in mid-August - we lived in the Clairemont area, for those familiar with the city. I used to see the fighter jets flying overhead almost every day, as I drove home from work, southbound on the 15 to the 163.

Very, very sad.