UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War

Because of the delays with Civil War, there are definately clues in future comic solicts, with the mention of Ares joining the mix (and turning up because Herc bought it would make sense) and the return of the original Hawkeye on a future team (which may require bumping off the present Hawkeye)

Because of the delays with Civil War, there are definately clues in future comic solicts, with the mention of Ares joining the mix (and turning up because Herc bought it would make sense) and the return of the original Hawkeye on a future team (which may require bumping off the present Hawkeye)

I doubt they'd mow over the new Hawkeye in favor of the original, especially just after the original had passed the name and costume on to the Young Avengers Hawkeye. I think they plan on bringing Clint Barton in under a new identity, a la Iron Fist/Daredevil.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, we may have another clone saga on the horizon. Question is, now that we've seen one for sure, how many more are going to crop up? Will the 50 States Initiative herald in more? If so, will they be clones of those we know and love? Though it would go miles towards explaining how we can have the same 5 X-Men battling Apocalypse while hunting down Vulcan and fighting off Nimrod and who knows what else.

Mind-controled killer clones, performing brain surgery upon said killer clones while their starring brainlessly ahead, hiring the bad guys due to a manpower shortage because your next batch of mind-controled killer clones isn't ready yet, gee ya think the Pro-Regs are the bad guys?

Also recent official discussion about the last page in #4 is making me cry out. Let's make Avengers our big names = New Avengers, well, we need a similar group of only our big name drop baddies, so let's turn the Thunderbolts into that :(

I'm guessing the new Thunderbolts will be the secret project that Dan Slott is working on - Marvel's own version of the Suicide Squad with A-list villians and a bunch of nobodys who always get killed. Might be where Speedball ends up...

As for what happens to the current Thunderbolts - dunno. Maybe they get a new name? Join the Avengers? End up guest-starring a lot in Cabel & Deadpool? End up joining the Great Lake Avengers?

I don't forsee a big history of the "New Thunderbolts." I'm thinking that these Thunderbolts are going to turn back to evil the first chance they get. If Peter hasn't jumped ship yet, he will when he finds out that Tony's housing some of the baddest villains in Start Tower. Those nanites are going to give the rest of these "heroic" villains a chance to screw the real heroes soon enough.

Just read the Amazing Spider-Man that comes out this week...

I recommend anyone following civil war picks it up.

Thanks for the heads up. Eventhough I have it on my subscription and will always pick it up, I'll read it with interest this time. :P