UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bigbadtoystore

So, I ordered the iron man moviemates wave from bbts last wednesday, they shipped friday. But, for some reason, I chose for them to be sent Usps parcel post. I'm familiar with the priority mail service, however, after looking into parcel post i've read some horror stories of 2-4 week delivery times. Obviously, this would suck lol. At any rate, I was wondering if anyone else has tried parcel post before, specifically from bbts. I'm in Maryland if that indicates anything. Thanks in advance for your responses :).

Though I, too have always done UPS with BBTS (I think it is always cheaper), I have shipped parcel post a bit, and have had one or two instances where things got "stuck in limbo" for a while (usually misplaced at some post office, and someone runs across the package a week or two after it initially gets lost). However, in some instances, UPS has taken items longer to get from point A to point B in my experience than has Parcel post. So, it can be a crap shoot. UPS automatically has tracking, you have to pay extra with USPS. UPS sometimes requires signatures, sometimes doesn't, and this may or may not be because those sending the item have requested it. If you want to "hold mail," with USPS you just call or e-mail your local P.O. With UPS, the person shipping the item has to get in touch with them to hold mail.

Personally, I do USPS when I can. The inability to have your mail held can be a real pain when you have to leave town and don't know if a package will be sitting on your doorstep in the rain when you get back or not (though, in fairness, the bastards at USPS left my stuff on the porch in the rain after Gustav, despite my having a "hold mail request" :angry: )

Well, my gut told me to with ups, but my recent experience with Toynk and AFX made me want to go usps (both packages came in 2 days). Something i didn't know until after i ordered was that both of these were sent priority, which provides tracking, and guarantees quicker shipping than parcel post. Oh well, live and learn, I guess I'll just have to suck it up until they get here lol. I'll have a hard time waiting for iron monger though...

Note that Priority Mail does not always include tracking, but most shipping labels printed online (from paypal, usps.com) do, whether or not something is sent via Priority Mail. However, Priority is, indeed, quicker than either Parcel Post or First Class Mail.

Edited by karamazov80

When selling stuff on ebay I used to offer both parcel post and priority mail. I had to stop offering parcel post because I got too many complaints about the 3-4 week delivery times even though the price was lower and I warned people about the delays. The post office says it will take 10 days, but I have had it take up to 35 days in the past! Hopefully your mates will arrive sooner than that. :)

Edited by luke314pi