UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Request - Colored Lanterns

neolego

Hey guys. I'm working on a project and I'm looking for the emblems of the Other Colored Laterns from the current Lantern story. I have Sinestro Corps and Green, obviously. But I'm needing Red, Blue, Orange, Violet, and Indigo. If anyone knows where I can find them I'd appreciate the help! neo

DUDE!! You are the MAN! Not only did you answer lightning fast, but that is a perfect for what I was looking for. It's like you went into my mind and pulled out what I was thinking about........are you you aren't a Guardian? :D

Thanks again! neo

Not even close twoface.

Not sure if you know much about the spectrum but "entry level info" is that:

Red=Rage

Orange=Greed

Yellow=Fear

Green=Will

Blue=Hope

Indigo=Compassion

Purple=Love

Trust me, i do. I was actually making a joke, as in using every itty-bitty color on that spectrum.

I did research a while back on other colored lanterns to draw, and eneded up creating an entire team of Greed.

It was just a joke; i know who each lantern group is <_<

I'm actually glad this was posted because:

A. Didn't even know there were other Lantern Groups besides the Sinestro Corp.

B. Just plain interesting to me.

Would there happen to be any more info on each of the groups, say Wikipedia or something?

Edited by jcastick

No, I agree with you Two FAce... I just didn't know which emotion "Sky Blue" was. :P

I wasn't sure, and since this is one of my favorite things in comics I didn't mind going a little "deeper."

Jcas, this stuff is ALL OVER the internet!

It's very deep and involving, however so it's really hard to get it all in one spot.

Some of the major lantern characters have switched corps at this point and it's really interesting stuff to read.

Essentially here's some of the important stuff.

3 colors to the left of green and 3 to the right.

It's like a teeter totter. All emotions are kept in balance by someones will. (green)

Yellow (Fear) is to the left of Green and is countered by blue (Hope)

Orange (greed) is just outside of that and is held in check by indigo (compassion)

Finally to the extremes are red (rage) and purple (love).

The closer you are to the centre of the spectrum the more a user controls it's color.

The further you get from the centre the more a color controls it's user.

Colors are neither good nor evil. Love is not good, it can often lead to Jealousy.

Rage isn't evil. If a person gets angry about a little orphan cripple getting beat up is that wrong?

Okay, I'm not sure if any of that made sense I rambled really fast and it's late, but essentially

Yellow is run by Sinestro and his buddies.

Green, the guardians and Green Lnaterns

Purple the Star Sapphires

Orange the controllers (who made the Darkstars corps and MAnhunter robots)

Blue is run by the Guardians who got kicked out of the corps, most notably Ganthet the "main" guardian.

Indigo & Red are newbies to the scene.

Okay, maybe I'll go into more depth later.

Edited by Nestlé

Ah, I haven't loved Green Lantern this much - EVER! Johns is making what may be one of the coolest and deep mythos ever! Used to, for me, GL was one of the most simple heroes. He's just a space police officer with powers. But now you are seeing that him personality, his WILL, is his most outstanding power. And now, with the introduction of the other colors, it's just cool to see. I have no idea where it's going, but Johns has got my full attention at the moment! :)

As for what I'm working on. There are several things actually. I'm working to make high quality graphics of each of the Lanterns, for several reasons (Minimates included). I also made a Theme for both my PC and my PSP off of the emblems. I've always liked Emblems for things, The Bat, The S, The Shield, etc. They are more than 1 person, they are icons! I love using them all in creative ways!! neo