UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question about a Wii Game

Trekker 42

Goes anyone here have any of the Wii's light gun games? I've been wanting a Light Gun game for the Wii, but I'm not sure which one to get. The three I'm thinking about are Ghost Squad, Umbrella Chronicles, and House of the Dead. Can anyone who has one of these games tell me what they think of them?

I've played all 3 as I'm a bit of a light gun addict.

For me in order of preference it would be Ghost Squad, Umbrella, House of the Dead. I would say Umbrella is better game story wise then Ghost but Ghost is a better shooter IMO. I know thats hard to explain but Ghost is more of a pure shooter.

As for gun grips I have some cheap third party ones and they work fine for me the bonus for me with these is that the stock where you put the wiichuck thing is removable from the gun I found it hard with the official one I tried having to hold the wiichuck and the gun trigger very close and tight behind each other reminders me of pretending to hold say a tompson sub machine gun as a kid ypou know one hand on the gun handle the other on the magazine, it was just uncomfortable to play after awhile.

Another note is on all the gun grips I have tried that after a gun bit of gaming your trigger finger aches to hell.

this is the style of gun I use 3rd party light gun

I bought 2 for £10 so a bit of shopping around might help.

this is the official wii gun I thin so you can see the problem I have holding it as some games you use the wiichuck to dodge a bit and this style of gun just gets in the way for me

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I've played all 3 as I'm a bit of a light gun addict.

For me in order of preference it would be Ghost Squad, Umbrella, House of the Dead. I would say Umbrella is better game story wise then Ghost but Ghost is a better shooter IMO. I know thats hard to explain but Ghost is more of a pure shooter.

As for gun grips I have some cheap third party ones and they work fine for me the bonus for me with these is that the stock where you put the wiichuck thing is removable from the gun I found it hard with the official one I tried having to hold the wiichuck and the gun trigger very close and tight behind each other reminders me of pretending to hold say a tompson sub machine gun as a kid ypou know one hand on the gun handle the other on the magazine, it was just uncomfortable to play after awhile.

Another note is on all the gun grips I have tried that after a gun bit of gaming your trigger finger aches to hell.

this is the style of gun I use 3rd party light gun

I bought 2 for £10 so a bit of shopping around might help.

this is the official wii gun I thin so you can see the problem I have holding it as some games you use the wiichuck to dodge a bit and this style of gun just gets in the way for me

So House isn't that good huh? Weird. I'd have thought it would be the best of the three.

For me House is the weakest of the 3. Still fun but I prefer Ghost Squad. I have read there is a new House game due out so that might be the one to get at a later date.

I've just asked my son which he prefers as when we play these gun games its uselessly the two of us on 2 player mode.

He says his fav is umbrella because its harder in his opinion.

There is a new house of the dead game that was announced at GDC. It is called House Of The Dead: Overkill, and I believe it is lightgun compatible.

Vig

I recommend RE: Umbrella Chronicles as a purchase and Ghost Squad/House of the Dead as rentals.

As for gun grips, I really liked the look of the Nyko Perfect Shot, but there was too much spring tension in the trigger which fatigued my hand after a while. It also made me fire slower. Although the Wii Zapper is a lamer design, you can't beat its rapid fire potential- it comes in quite handy when attempting to take out some of the bosses in RE:UC!

Yeah, UC is good, but I think there is one problem.

To reload or something like that, you have to flick the nunchuk, and because the nunchuk is attached to the rest of the wii zapper, you have to shake the whole thing, which is annoying.

It is better without the zapper.