UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hawkgirl Series 4?

The Vox

I've been pouring over the pics from canceled C3 stuff since John Stewart magically appeared at the SDCC trying to see who else they may bring out for the next series. I know that may have no relevance but it looks like quite a few canceled C3 dudes and dudettes are found in the first 3 series.

So my question is.. after seeing the very clean prototype of Hawkgirl in all her glory.. do you think we have a chance of seeing her in Series 4 or do you think they will scrap the idea and go with Hawkman who has a closer tie to the JLA historically?

personally I would like to see a complete Justice League core group. All the classics. Atom, Hawkman, Space Monkey Gleek :P , even Supergirl and Black Canary would be fun. But if I got selfish and could get whatever I wanted from DCD for series 4, 5, and 6, it would be tons and tons of Green Lanterns.. oh and a Barry Allen Flash. :)

In Brightest day.. and all that.

Vox

Yeah, that's my thought as well. From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to produce a figure that has had more mainstream attention... though up until she started getting more attention (cartoon), I would have just naturally assumed that Hawkman would be made first. But yeah, my wager is that we'll see Hawkgirl first.

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Jul 27 2006, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But yeah, my wager is that we'll see Hawkgirl first.

I think so too. Recently, she's had alot of exposure. And, no I don't mean that in the "dirty" way B).

Yeah, they could do a "Hawk" 2-pack. That would make sense.... woudn't it?

Yeah, they could do a "Hawk" 2-pack. That would make sense.... woudn't it?

I would think that'd be a smart move for them. But as much as I'd like that two pack, I have a sinking feeling that either AA or DC won't like the idea for some odd reason...

And they could give us an Angel in the Marvel wave ...

Very true. But the first thing that came to mind when I read that was "do we really want Angel and Hawkman/girl to have the same wings?" The purist in me thinks that it would be better if the wings were different.

But if it came right down to it, I wouldn't mind at all if the wings are the same - because at least we would finally have an Angel minimate. That is one parts reuse that I would have no issue with :D

What do the rest of you think?

I actually think DCD will be smart about this. I think that one of the reasons C3 died was because of the endless Batman variants. I also think that DCD will see what happened there and do the exact opposite, so, IMO, DON'T expect to see a load of Batman and Superman variants.

The reason they do not like that idea is because the fans really want it. However, expect to see a load of batman and superman variants galore. :rolleyes:

Hmmm yeah cos obviously they think what would be the smart thing to to then do the opposite just to piss you off?! :unsure:B)

Personally I think the idea of a two pack is pretty lame, do one then another 4-5 series later.

T.

Personally I think the idea of a two pack is pretty lame, do one then another 4-5 series later.

T.

What are you, some kind of anti-Hawkite? :P You want us to wait until 2009 to have both?!?!

I don't care what they do, I just need some Minimates with wings. Not to change the subject, but I'd really like a Marvel Beetle Minimate. I've been noodling out how to do a custom with those wings for quite some time now.

Much as I'd like Hawkgirl, I want a Hawkman first. When I think of the Hawks I think of the old stuff from Brave & the Bold... with art by Joe Kubert. I don't think of the animated series.

I'd like both of them, though. And I really wouldn't be happy to get the one I want the least and have to wait another million years for the one I want.

It was killing me having a Thing and Mr. Fantastic but no Sue and Johnny.

I don't wanna go through that kind of withdrawl again.

There. I said it.

-M

This board rules! Well, with the prototype complete and looking pretty much flawless I would have to say that I think Hawkgirl will be showing up soon. The classic JLA guy in me wants Hawkman eventually to have a feel of completion.. so most of all I just want the product line to continue!

:D

Hmmm yeah cos obviously they think what would be the smart thing to to then do the opposite just to piss you off?! :unsure:B)

T.

It seems to be the trend. This just in, new Image Comic minimates to be released following Marvels example.

First set will include Classic Spawn, Battle damaged Spawn, partially masked Spawn, maskless Spawn, and variant chase Ultimate Spiderman! :rolleyes:

It seems to be the trend. This just in, new Image Comic minimates to be released following Marvels example.

First set will include Classic Spawn, Battle damaged Spawn, partially masked Spawn, maskless Spawn, and variant chase Ultimate Spiderman! :rolleyes:

And you know which would sell out first.... ;):P

T.

My question is - which Hawkgirl costume would they use? Comics or JLU?

Looking at the first waves, I think the animated style of John Stewart is a fluke. I would completely expect DCD to want to focus on the comic versions of the characters. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with either one, but it seems more logical for a comic Hawkgirl and a comic Hawkman to come out.

When the anoouncment came out, it clearly said that the license is "Comics Only", so I agree with you DK001, John's style was a complete fluke.

John was likely already done for C3, so only a hop skip jump to revive as an easy exclusive/promo mate.

Any mates with new molded pieces likely would be re-done from scratch, if the difference between the the Wonder Woman C3 proto and the DCD control art is anything to go on.

Yep from talking to AA at SDCC, Donna said that the GL exclusive was 'ok you want this in a major rush so who can you do without moulding any parts' and that's why we have John Stewart not anyone else!

So my guess is that it's meant in a comic style and is pretty close to a comic book John Stewart.

T.