UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kyle Rayner, John Stewart Switcheroo

rx78jj

Since I have the Superman Animated Series box sets I went through them recently and watched the episode "In Brightest Day" and saw the similarities of Kyle's suit and John's suit. They are the same. Then I was wondering if a custom or better yet a real figure would be produced in this vein. It seems simple to me. All you would need is a different head. The real figure ,to me anyways, seems very feasable. It would be a great exclusive plus who does'nt want more Green Lanterns.

I agree, although I'd prefer the final Green Lantern version of Kyle. That was by far my favorite GL suit ever. Seen Here:

kyleglnewjs8.png

Anyway, don't get me wrong. As soon as I get my 2nd John or Hal I'm going to put on Robin's Head and Nightwings Hair and have my own Kyle Rayner. The only down side to the Kyle request, is he is no longer a Green Lantern. Sure, we may get an Ion Minimate (which would be awesome), but I'm afraid we may never get a Kyle GL :( . neo

I recieved a few GLs recently and have tried a number of modifications.

The Robin head actually looks like crap on the GL body. The reason is because the mask gray color really sticks out like a sore thumb.

The nightwing hair peice has a peg, so you cannot use it on the Robin head.

I'm tinkering right now with a few other options/ideas.

Well either way it would be pretty interesting. I mean come on they made Thunderbird for the giant size X-men set so why would'nt they make a Kyle Rayner. But like i said it would be a real nice exclusive, maybe from AFX or Toyfare or something. But either way we need more Green Lanterns.

:D Sweet! Green Lantern fans RULE! This is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I first got the John Stewart news. I did make a custom Kyle Rayner based on his first (technically 2nd) GL suit and it turned out ok. I used Dare Devils head and painted green around the white eyes for the mask. The body paint job did not turn out so well (and a couple of years of moving and banging around in boxes hasn't been good on it either) so I will pop that head off and throw it on Johns body. I can't remember which black hair piece I used.

I agree that the final version of Kyle as a GL was the greatest and hopefully DC will get crazy and let us have it. I know right now he is Ion.. but apparently the Gaurdians have something in mind for his future.. he is the Torch Bearer after all.. I don't think his days as a GL are over.. my guess is that within a year he is back on Earth or Oa in some capacity. I've seen some custom Kyles that look amazing.. man oh man.. if they keep doing GL variations I will be one happy collector and fan! I know Sinestro isn't exactly Kyle's arch enemy but how about that as a 2-pack? Or tug at the heart strings and put in Major Force. Either way Kyle has been the main man for around 14 years up until Rebirth.. he should take his place by Hal as one of the greatest.

.....man.. the comic geek in me really started coming out back there.. :) ha ha

Anyway, if anyone comes up with a great custom that works, please post it. I didn't get a John Stewart so I may have to resort to Ebay... but I'll throw on my custom Kyle head when I track down a JS and Ill post a pick.

The Vox

If I may jump in to the conversation.. I remember that episode and I thought for a split second.. "Ahhh! They are going to let John go to Oa for a season!!.. Sweet! Come on in Kyle.. you deserve a cartoon!!" Nothing at ALL against Stewart, he is a great lantern.. I have just always wanted Kyle to be in a cartoon ever since seeing him in Superman The Animated Series.. (great episode)

So refresh my memory.. in JLU season 1.. wasn't he just wearing the standard JL animated GL suit? Ya know how they kind of have that standard suit that all GL's from everywhere wear in the cartoon? It's been a while. Thanks for the info.

Vox

I really hope we do get a Kyle Rayner GL. By far the best (IMO) GL! Yes, even above the legendary Hal Jordan.....

TRUE. Cus the one he wears in JLU is different in the sense that the V of his costume goes down a bit past his chest towards his stomach and has that outline of the green lantern symbol. And on the side of his shoulders he has some green triangles that are slightly seperated from the V on his chest. Confusing huh. LOL. But for simplicitys sake either one will do. But his first costume would be a very easy custom and the one in JLU would be a great addition to the DC line. Please make an exclusive you wonderful people in the higher ups of this magnificent company.

My favorite super hero in the DCU is Hal. He always has been and always will be. But I really do love the mythos and all the other GL's in the history. I hope we get oodles of members of the Corps, Kyle in both his GL suits and as Ion, an Alan Scott GL, Guy, and a slew of villains.

The most exciting part of this line is the possibility of all the GLs they can make and that I can get a whole classic JLA.

-M

So refresh my memory.. in JLU season 1.. wasn't he just wearing the standard JL animated GL suit? Ya know how they kind of have that standard suit that all GL's from everywhere wear in the cartoon? It's been a while. Thanks for the info.

Vox

It was like the standard suit, but there were hints of Kyle in you. In can see a pretty good comparrison shot here:

John / Kyle - JLU

and

Kyle

I would even be satisfied with an Animated Version like this, just please give us Kyle :D. neo

Finally, I have found a HOME! K folks, I am used to being the only Hal or Kyle fan on a board.. so this is all shocking me a bit.

PLEASE DCD give us a Kyle! any Klye would be sweet!

<now please forgive me for a paragraph rant about Kyle, Hal and John in another form>

Most of you probably know that SNOWBLIND is making Justice League Heroes the video game this fall. When I read that the game was to be based on the comics, not the cartoon.. my first thought was WOW, that means there is a good chance either Kyle or Hal will be GL depending on when they started writing the story.. as photos and more news came out I find that they chose John Stewart. K, I like John Stewart, he is an important part of the mythos, but after reading decades of GL books I can't help but think of John as a substitute teacher.. a stand in, while the current GL handles something bigger than earth from time to time. I voiced my disappointment on the board and asked (begged) for a Hal skin or a Kyle skin and I got blasted from several members saying that according to wikipedia (and the cartoon) that John Stewart is the most important GL in history. (killing me) IMO they went with John Stewart soley to market to the fans of the cartoon.. or to their parents buying the game for them. Totally fine to do that.. but tell us it's based on the cartoon then. :) (sorry bit of a sore spot)

So after half a dozen pages of "Hal and Kyle are boring" I have felt completely alone on the board, and I don't think the members of SNOWBLIND's development team (whom frequent the board and interact with the fans quite a bit) have taken my requests seriously at all. I look like I'm the only fan in the world that wants to play a video game as Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner. I think most folks on there are fans of the cartoon and don't know much about the GL history (other than what wiki tells them).

If anyone is interested in showing SNOWBLIND that there are many many Hal and Kyle fans that are happy to play as John Stewart but would also love a skin to switch to Hal and Kyle.. please head over to snoblindstudios.com, get involved, start your own thread or jump on the thread that says "Hal Jordan (would be super as) unlockable. (used to say BETTER BE!.. my original rant was that they were neglecting many fans of Hal and Kyle and just appealing to the cartoon fans.. what can I say.. I'm a geek.)

Thanks for reading. Again.. I'm just happy to have found a home.

These DCD minis are awesome, they are for the fans, the details are great, the list of characters so far is perfect, way to go DCD and MINIMATES!

Vox Lantern

I agree Vox.

One thing I loved about X-Men Legends II were the AOA Skins for the X-men. Even the first game had different skins, but II has some sweet variations.

Now, if Heroes is trying to ride the tail wind of the Legends success they need to follow suit. And not only with GL. I'd love to see Batman in Blue and Grey and Black and maybe even Pilot or something like that. Superman in Black and Silver or even Justice Lords Supes would be awesome. However, I do agree if they are going to do any it should be multiple GL Skins. Heck, I'd like to see Both of Kyle's Suits, Hal, and Guy. I'll have to check out that site for myself :). neo

He used Hulk's hair and Justice Lord Superman's gauntlets.

My Avatar is now my John/Kyle switcheroo.. for anyone interested. Simple.. and not accurate to any of Kyles 'Real' looks.. but it makes me happy.. (just think the 90's Kyle hair and mask.. on the Superman The Animated Series Green Lantern episode costume)

Vox

Wow, :D he came out very good. Not bad. I guess I'm gonna have to give it a try. I'm just waiting for my other John Stewart to come. ;)