UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Long Time Mini-mate fan needs a little help!

Hello, long time mini-mate fan here, though I've hit a wall - because of the obscure nature of the mini-mate, there's no place in miles of where I live that sells them anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem, but I'm sure I'm the laziest.

So I wanted to know from the mini-mate experts here, what's the best website to buy minimates from? What website has the fastest shipping, is the cheapest to buy from and is generally not going to rip me off? Anyone who could give me a recommendation would be supporting the sales of minimates and the brand in general.

I don't know if any sites ship much faster or slower than others, but I can tell you that stuckakid, scifigenre, cosmic clutter, BigBadToyStore, Corner Store Comics, and JRs Toyworld are all pretty good online retailers for Minimates. Youbuynow has some, but buyers' experiences tend to be mixed there. Action Figure Xpress has pricey shipping, but they have some exclusives that others don't. You can also buy from members here in the "want to buy want to sell" thread.

What ever happened to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, by the way?

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, long time mini-mate fan here, though I've hit a wall - because of the obscure nature of the mini-mate, there's no place in miles of where I live that sells them anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem, but I'm sure I'm the laziest.

I feel your pain -- The Target where I live stopped carrying them & TRU left the city. (And I'm totally about instant gratification, too.)

I've found that Stuckakid is not bad -- the prices are fair & the shipping is better if you order more than 1 item.

Jenny

PS - Welcome, by the way! :)

Welcome aboard Bruce, can I also point out the rather marvellous want and have thread in the flea market section of the forum? Four pages of minimate trading loveliness, featuring all sorts of stuff from all sorts of good people (and one or two bad ones).