UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

State of neolego Address

neolego

I posted a topic in the Flea Market yesterday about selling off alot of my Minimate stuff (a little at a time). I didn't mean to cause a panic so I thought I'd do a little damage control.

I'd like to preface everything by saying I'm not leaving you guys or turning my back on Minimates. I want to get that out of the way.

Thing is, I've come to the place in my life where I have to draw a line. I just celebrated my daughter's 2nd Birthday and we have another one on the way due to in December. And I am a hardcore collector! There are a number of things that I collect from Movies to Comics to Minimates to Transformers to Busts to Video Games and you can see how this goes! So, I came to a place in my life where I've learned that now as a Family man, I've got to slow down on the collecting! So, I've went through my stuff and I'm going to start auctioning off my Transformers and my Power Rangers and my Comics and yes, my Minimates. Collecting is not a bad thing, but for someone like me I'm a completionist and sometimes that means paying $40 for a Raft Sentry because you can't find one anywhere else! It becomes too much.

So, I've went through and I've selected a handful of Minimates that I love. Spider-Man being my first, Angel being my Favorite, Jack Bauer, Aragorn, Wolverine, Batman, etc. I'll keep those because I love them, and everything else has to go. To be honest, there are a bunch that I have multiples of because I couldn't stop myself from buying them!

My minimate future has changed. I am no longer going to collect full lines like I've done in the past. Instead, I'll pick up a few here and there as I like them. Seriously, I own Patch Wolverine.....what was I thinking, lol. I am actually looking forward to the Mark III Iron Man and Nova, but there is no need for me to buy the whole series just to get the few I want.

I'll close the address by saying that I love you guys most of all. I've created more friends from this board than anywhere else online. So while my minimate collection may go from 200 to 20, I'm a board member for life. So I'll still be around to debate Mates and Movies and Marvel being better than DC ;) and Video Games and Hooker :D. So, please don't shed a tear or start to riot or even cover up that tatoo of my name.

So, there you have it. My state of myself. Have no fear, as long as there's a Skrull to kill and a DC hero to be Reborn, I'll be around! neo

This is, by far, my favorite online forum (as if you can't tell by my obscene number of posts), and though Minimates are only seconded to GI Joes in terms of my toy affections, the main reason I like it here is not because of the toys, but b/c of the atmosphere on the boards and the people that frequent it (or perhaps more importantly, because of the people who do not frequent these boards :) ). The mods just seem "better," the conversations rarely turn into "flame wars," and generally, I think people here put things in the proper perspective most of the time.

I noticed that you and a few others almost participate exclusively in non-Minimate discussions, and though that would seem strange to me elsewhere, it doesn't seem the least bit odd here to me. So anyway, though it sucks to see anyone turn away from Minimates even in part, I'm glad to know that you will still be discussing video games here into the foreseeable future.

Neolego, I can totally understand where you're coming from. I have been going through and epiphany of sorts regarding my Star Wars collection. Used to be, I had to have as much as I could afford - Hasbro, Galoob, Lego, Master Replicas, Sideshow, autographs, you name it. But as time went on, I realized that having a lot of stuff was a real chore. I had to worry about safe storage and display, and always hunting down that one last impossible to find figure. So I've been selling off almost all of my collection, and honestly it feels really good. Like you, I've held on to a few choice items - a few personalized autographs, my MicroMachine playsets, and my three Force FX Lightsabers, which are my all-time favorite collectible.

I'm glad you'll still be around here! I look forward to seeing pics of your 'best of the best' Minimates!

Marvel being better than DC ;)

Can't agree with you more, no offense to any DC fans, I still love ya too! Allthough I have also been cutting down on my purchases recently so I can save up for some of the newer mates coming out and a PS3!

Neo, I've got 2 of my own, and I understand.

Minimates and a hand full of comics are the extent of my collecting.

That being said, if there's anything you're going through or need help with, let us know.

We're here for you and have your back.