UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mates Wiki

I know most of you are probably aware of this, but its always worth pointing out to new members:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimates

its also mirrored at

http://www.toywiki.org/toywiki/index.php/Minimates

It contains quite a bit of info and is worth a read, feel free to make any updates, I know several of our members already do.

I'm updating/altering Minimate Max sections, but I'd also mention I've had thoughts towards adding a Promo section and editing down the Series 12/13/Toyfare 2006 part

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well, escaping board issues by mutilating the Minimates wiki again :)

Still giving consideration to adding a section for promo mates and brief one sentence/paragraph at most descriptions for the discontinued mates.

• 1 month later...

Been thinking....

Would a Wiki devoted entirely to mates be of any use?

Theres space and such on this server to host a wiki, so we could have

minimatemultiverse.com/wiki/

There are even ways of intergrating the forum and Wiki user databases (although that might cost money) so that people could use the same login etc.

I was thinking that it could have pages for each mini comprising of a couple of pics, links to the MMC reviews and a listing of what packs the mini was available in and perhaps links to bios of that character on the main Wikipedia...

What do people think, pointless or does it deserve some investigation?

I don't see it vital that it be directly intergrated, but definately like the idea :)

Totally agree, after looking into the intergrated idea its more trouble/expense than its worth, and it would also prohibit future board updates.

I can do a stand alone wiki on the same domain with a similar skin but with seperate accounts, personally I think thats the best plan, and its also best from a security point of view.

Edit: Wow, just spoken to the developers of the IPB/Wiki bridge, its bloody awesome, so much so Invision actually use it themselves. Its not like the standard modifications I imagined it to be, methinks we'll got he intergration route should we decide to do it. I think you'll all be pleasently suprised.