UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the incredible hulk

link 46

QUOTE (Donny B @ Jun 13 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing comes to mind :cap:

A Captain America movie is coming in 2011, but before that we are going to be treated to a Thor film and an Iron Man sequel in 2010. And all of that will culminate in a full out Avengers movie in July of 2011 (tentatively).

I caught the 12:01 showing this morning, as well. Unfortunately the theater I saw it at botched up the order of the reels, so two parts of the movie were out of order. But it was still relatively easy to follow the story.

All in all, I can't say that it was quite as good as Iron Man, but it was definitely close. Great characterization, good writing, good action, great acting... all in all, they made a good film, with plenty of hat nodding to the old tv show and tons of comic book references as well as subtle clues leading into a much bigger story for future films.

I have to second The_Donster's comment - Marvel Studios seems to have raised the bar for their films. Here's hoping they continue to put quality first :)

*Off topic*

Donny B back in the house.... Long time no see fella! Hope all is well?

*Back on Topic*

Seems you guys liked this one, waiting to hear Shanes thoughts as our resident Hulk groupie.

T.

I loved this movie... and I'm not even a huge Hulk fan. Definitely in the same league as Iron Man... just maybe a bit darker.

Tons better the Ang Lee's artsy fartsy 'Hulk' that bored so many to tears.

Tony Stark was a nice addition too. :)

Amazing! I was convinced to wait for DVD release, but after seeing Iron Man my faith was restored in Marvel Studios. Then, with such great marketing from Marvel I couldn't escape the desire to see the film. So, with Icee in hand I went in with no expectations and only hoping for a good mindless action flick. What I walked away with is a desire to see more Hulk. Hulk, of all the major characters, has always been my least favorite hero (sorry Shane). Maybe it's because I don't know as much about him or because I've never followed one of his books regularly. Either way, after seeing the previous Hulk movie I wasn't impressed. That changed last night, I love Ed Norton as is, and I feel his take on the Hulk was great. He made me care about the character and in turn, about the beast. I also thought Liv did a great job and she's always nice to look at! My biggest compliment would go to the Emil guy, I don't know the actors name and I'm lazy so I'm not looking it up. But he played a great character and it's good to see a villian with depth and drive.

My main issue with the first hulk is he didn't talk. I was dissappointed with this one as well, until the very end. He did manage to say a few lines which I like. I know that the Hulk is no Stage Trainer Actor, but I like to at least see he has some character. Maybe my biggest dislike for the Hulk (in general) is the beast side. I kinda wish he was done more like Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde or The Nutty Proffessor where he has 2 different personalities. What I liked about this movie, especially the quite scene in the mountains is they give Hulk more of a personality so I can actually care about him more than just a overgrown dog without a leash.

All in all, I am super satisfied with the movie and really can't wait for the DVD. I also hope we get more of this kind of movie, not just from Hulk but from the rest of the mainstays. So far Marvel Studio has hit 2 outta the park, makes me even more excited for Cap, Thor, and Avengers!! neo

Neo, in the university scene, Hulk actually says "Leave (either 'me' or 'Hulk') alone". This was pretty quiet though and its no surprise you missed it.

I was gonna give this movie a miss entirely, but after hearing about Stark's cameo and seeing the recent TV spots I thought I'd give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. It was a great fun enjoyable movie, with real depth. I didn't think Norton could be Banner, but he gave a new take to the character and I really liked him. I love how they added humour such as the "You're not going to like me when I'm hungry" and "I can't get too excited" scenes. I expected the Abom vs Hulk scene to be more epic, and a little longer, but it was a fantastic fight scene, with great CGI. Will there be a Hulk 2, or will Abom and Leader be featured in the Avengers movie?

On the subject of the Avengers Movie, I'm of the high belief that the movie will be an adaption of "The Ultimates" where it's Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp vs. Hulk in downtown New York!! That seems to be where it's going, especially Stark's scene in Hulk. At first I thought it was a great idea, but now after seeing Hulk, I really like him and don't want him to be the bad guy now :(. neo

On the subject of the Avengers Movie, I'm of the high belief that the movie will be an adaption of "The Ultimates" where it's Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp vs. Hulk in downtown New York!! That seems to be where it's going, especially Stark's scene in Hulk. At first I thought it was a great idea, but now after seeing Hulk, I really like him and don't want him to be the bad guy now :(. neo

Most likely, you'll have a team of people thrown against the Hulk, thinking him evil, only to have a greater evil emerge and the team will need Hulk's help. That's generally the way most Hulk encounters go, so it's the most logical approach to a movie involving a team of heroes and him.

It does seem that way neo, though I don't know where you got Hawkeye from, he wasn't involved in the Hulk battle and I've heard no rumours about him being in the film.

With Abomination being left alive, I reckon that him and the Leader will team up and be featured in the Avengers.

Also I found out earlier than Thor is to have a cameo in Iron Man 2. Which comes out first?

Edited by Dan

I just figured you can't do a IM, Cap, and Thor Avenger's team. 3 isn't enough, I don't think 4 are enough. To have a solid team I think you need at least 5, so I was just guessing if you were to fill the Roster who would you chose? I know that Giant Man was part of the team on the Ultimates but I was thinking will the money they will have to sink into Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor's Powers, Hawkeye would be cheaper to add to the team and face it, Ulimate Hawkeye is one bad mother and he'd be good comic releif and an instant fan favorite! neo

Edited by neolego

I was also in the camp of not wanting to see this movie because I am not a huge Hulk fan and I didn't think I could buy Norton as Banner. But afterhearing some coworkers say how great it was I went and gave it a try. I loved it! Marvel has given two great movies that far surpassed any of my expectations (Iron Man being the best of the two even passing my way high expectations) This movie had a great story, acting, Norton, Hurt and Roth were excellent, the CGi was a bit questionable but not to the point of being frustrated with it. I loved Stark at the end of the movie and was just so happy that this wasn't par with the previous movie. I can't wait for more Marvel movies they just pump out awesomeness.

Edited by gambitron

I just figured you can't do a IM, Cap, and Thor Avenger's team. 3 isn't enough, I don't think 4 are enough. To have a solid team I think you need at least 5, so I was just guessing if you were to fill the Roster who would you chose? I know that Giant Man was part of the team on the Ultimates but I was thinking will the money they will have to sink into Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor's Powers, Hawkeye would be cheaper to add to the team and face it, Ulimate Hawkeye is one bad mother and he'd be good comic releif and an instant fan favorite! neo

Believe me Neo, I wasn't complaining. I just didn't want to get my hopes up for Hawkeye if he may not be in it. Is the Ant-man movie gonna be tied in to Avengers or what?

Ant-Man, could be, but at this point there is no concrete release date for it. So, it will likely come out after the Avengers movie. He could be introduced in the Avengers movie, and that would actually make sense, to build hype for his stand alone!! neo

So I saw this this morning... Not bad and nowhere near as clunky as I expected. Puts some of that AngLee nonsense to shame.

It's no Iron Man But I know worse ways to spend a couple of hours :)

I'm not sure if I really like or am concerened about pushing the Avengers into these movies, it just screams too much build up to me.

T.

I'm still contemplating whether or not to see this, I'd like to but I'm not sure wheter I'll get the chance. And while we're on the subject of the Avegers, the team I'd like to see would be:

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor (given a bit of an Ultimates edge - I'm not really a big fan of the mainstream hat-wearing, Shakesperian-speaking, etc. kind of guy)

Hawkeye

Wasp

Giant Man

Ms. Marvel

And maybe the Hulk giving them a hand. I also had the idea of at the end Tony coming up with an idea for the Vision.

Vig

Well, I watched it a second time and caught some things that I didn't notice with my first viewing (like Hulk saying leave me alone during the first time that he meets up with Blonsky and his goons). I'm pretty sure he said it then and not during the fight at the college. Also I was immediately thinking about Wendigo when Ross was saying that Hulk was responsible for killing some soldiers, a lab assistant and possibly two hunters in Canada. Then at the end we see Banner in Canada, so maybe we will see Wendigo. Maybe start the second movie with short battle between Hulk and Wendigo and then moving on with the story revolving around the Leader.

I saw it this weekend and was really surpised i like it. sure it was not as funny as iron man. but the hulk it not meant to be funny like iron man. don't be fooled i was laughing but only at all the inside jokes.

the leader and all the references to Captain American and the super solider project were great

. and the last fight scene was awesome! great movie if you were worried it was goign to suck like the last one not to worry totally great.