UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

what have i been up to

I agree, if you can pull that off the full costume shouldn't be a problem? It looks awesome!!

yes tim there is a full costume in the works.. im getting there.. its coming along a bit slower than the bucket did.

yo vash that is totally awesome :D it's nice that you can wear it now. How much padding did you have to put inside to make it wearable? and nice gloves :D

not all that much padding was required.. mostly because i wanted it to have plenty of air movement so it doesnt get quite so hot while wearing it.. best part was the foam i used was free packing material from work.. YAY!!!!

as for the gloves.. they rock.. sooooo comfortable!!!

Did you build the helmet from scratch or repaint an existing helmet? i have several Boba helmets including two of the very expensive numbered fiberglass ones. nice job!

it started life as a 2 piece jango fett helmet made by rubies.. the guy that originally owned it cut off most of the bottom of the helmet leaving the visor area, key slots on the back and then rebuilt the rest of the helmet using plastic.. from there he fiberglassed the entire inside of the helmet and used bondo to smooth out the seam on top.. from there he primed it and it sat for two years until i picked it up off ebay... since then ive smoothed out some rough spots.. finished the inside of the helmet and installed a new visor... repainted and am now working on something to take the place of the standard RF stalk and boba fett ears...

• 2 months later...

been awhile.. ups and downs.. downs and ups.. still not quite finished with the helmet .. but some photographic updates for ya

helmetupdate.jpg

helmetupdate9.jpg

helmetupdate8.jpg

helmetupdate7.jpg

helmetupdate10.jpg

helmetupdate1.jpg

helmetupdate2.jpg

and a special thank you to my vaccum cleaner that modeled my helmet...

oooh yeah on with it on me

newheadshots.jpg