UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rocky Minimates Boxing Ring

Hey, all. I was torn as to where to put this--"Where are they now?", right here, or The Minimates Arms. Please forgive if this is misplaced or redundant.

I was wondering if any of you, in your worldly travels, had found a suitably compatible boxing ring for the Italian Stallion to whoopass in. Anything? Perhaps a Kubrick playset, or even a bootleg Galactic Heroes something or other? Maybe a model set of another license? :confused: Really appreciate your time. My Rocky Minimates are in the mail from the Big Bad Toy Store, and I couldn't help but imagine Creed and Rocky kickin' each other's butts in a Minimate-sized ring... * sigh * :(

I'm wondering about one of the WWE rings. Specifically one for the Micro Aggression line. I don't know how close the Micro Aggression figs are scale wise though.

Here's one. If you end up going this route, be sure to post pics and let us know.

I've actually been thinking about picking up a couple Micro Aggression sets for the folding chairs to see how those would work. Perhaps I'll pick up a ring while I'm at it, too.

Edited by God Magnus

I'm wondering about one of the WWE rings. Specifically one for the Micro Aggression line. I don't know how close the Micro Aggression figs are scale wise though.

Here's one. If you end up going this route, be sure to post pics and let us know.

The "Micro Aggression" are 2" scale (though more proportioned of course). I've been waiting for these "Arena sets" to go on clearance. There is another besides the one shown above. I plan on getting that one, giving the ring to Rocky, and maybe using the rest for a Cylon base or something ;)

The "Micro Aggression" are 2" scale (though more proportioned of course). I've been waiting for these "Arena sets" to go on clearance. There is another besides the one shown above. I plan on getting that one, giving the ring to Rocky, and maybe using the rest for a Cylon base or something ;)

You mean the Backstage one? It looked promising, except it's all one piece--a fold-up "carry away" meant for convenience.

And, Reideen? I do plan on getting that one. Not what I would've perferred in the ideal situation, but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks, guys, for the helpful input. :)

My kids have the micro-agression figures.

Don't plan on using any of the accessories (folding chairs, or tables) as they are much to small for the minimate scale.

I can't help you on the ring though, but if it's similar to the other WWE scales, it's probably small (compared to the scale of the figures)

WWE has recently released figures in the 3.75" scale (Build N' Brawlers). The first wave of them each came with a part of the ring (4 with connecting tiles, 1 with ropes and 1 with turnbuckles).

It looks like the ring here is way too small for that scale, and probably too small for MiniMates, too, but I could be wrong:

Article w/ pictures from TNI.

WWE has recently released figures in the 3.75" scale (Build N' Brawlers). The first wave of them each came with a part of the ring (4 with connecting tiles, 1 with ropes and 1 with turnbuckles).

It looks like the ring here is way too small for that scale, and probably too small for MiniMates, too, but I could be wrong:

Article w/ pictures from TNI.

The WWE Build n Brawlers won't work for the minimates.

1. The height pf the ring ropes is too high (the top rope would exceed the height of the minimates.

2. The ring is on the very small side for the 3.75" figures. I think it would still be small (with adjusted height ropes) for the minimates. The ring surface ends up being 6-7" square. It's also not ring-like, in so much as it only sets about 1/2 off the ground.

About the best recommendation is to buy the figure that comes with the rope set and custom build the ring, posts and turnbuckles

Alpheon is planning on making a stop motion animation film with rocky and the gang... :lol:

Edited by Havoc 05