UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel minimates getting taller?

I had always read that the marvel minimates were stuck at 2 inches tall due to licensing issues and what is definine as an action figure. (articulated plastic over 2 inches tall if memory serves). So lets get down to business. apocalyspe and the new civil war ironman have different types of boots than everone else (but perhaps repainted boots from eachother but thats a different post). these boots put them at 2 3/8 inches. Is this a violation of the contract , or (hopefully) the old license is up and marvel minimates can get taller? This would open a window nto all kinds of cool figures, giant-man , "dead" civil war goliath , maybe a taller hulk , thing or perhaps if we want to be obscure stilt-man? Also If we are throwing the old rules out the window its high time we got a build a figure, but with a new twist , the regular assortment has all the parts you need but the vriant has an extra accessorie part , i.e. a gun or perhaps a morphed arm for apocalypse , different head or somesuch. Anyway thats my rant , maybe Im reading something out of nothing, but perhaps , not.

The old rule still applies, I just think DST is starting to find ways around it. Apocalypse, Hulk, and Abomination all have belts that add height to them as well, along with the taller feet and boots. I think 2.5" is the height limit, meaning they can't use the bigger scale mates, but they do have some play, as seen by the Leader's big head way back in the earlier days.

Personally I don't like taller mates. They aren't as cute, and they don't scream "minimates" any more. I like having Spiderman the same height as the Hulk and Giant Man. So, personal preference, but I never understood the push for bigger minis. I think it ruined the ascetics of DCD.

Personally I don't like taller mates. They aren't as cute, and they don't scream "minimates" any more. I like having Spiderman the same height as the Hulk and Giant Man. So, personal preference, but I never understood the push for bigger minis. I think it ruined the ascetics of DCD.

Ah, the age old argument on what constitutes a Mininimate :lol: Minimates started out much larger and they still hold up. I like the versatility of the LOTR & DCD Lines. For any line to continue it has to evolve & if DST wants this to continue they need to look into this.

Ah, the age old argument on what constitutes a Mininimate :lol: Minimates started out much larger and they still hold up. I like the versatility of the LOTR & DCD Lines. For any line to continue it has to evolve & if DST wants this to continue they need to look into this.

I respectfully disagree. Marvel had made it 20+ waves, which is double anything other MM line ever made. I believe that part of what makes minimates so popular IS their versatility. Hulk can wear Spidey PJs while Wolvy can have MJ's boobs (old Toy Fare reference). Would it be nice to have larger scale marvel minis? A lot of people think so. I think it would do a lot more damage to the line then it would do good. Think of how many remakes they'd have to do. How much of people's collections would become null and void. I think they're doing a perfect job with the extended feet/boots/belts. Look at X3 Juggy. He's a prime example of how you can have a 2" body and still give the feeling of height and girth.

So to say that for Marvel to survive it needs to get bigger mates, well, their track record and I say you are wrong, sir.

I cant say I've never been some one that follows the letter of the law. I dont mind that wave whatever hulk is shorter the iron spidey.

Whatever way the figure is enjoy it and thats all you need. Sleep for me(BEEEEEEER) now and thank PC for autotypers

Y has no body never mentioned the gut ring to push smart hulk up etc its all about the feet

Yeah dont get me wrong , I love the little bastards, After picking up some today on sale for free comicbook day that puts me up to 311 seperate mates ( not counting my customs) so as the put em out ill get them. big small or extra MEDIUM THEYRE ALL PRETTY AWESOME

I respectfully disagree. Marvel had made it 20+ waves, which is double anything other MM line ever made. I believe that part of what makes minimates so popular IS their versatility. Hulk can wear Spidey PJs while Wolvy can have MJ's boobs (old Toy Fare reference). Would it be nice to have larger scale marvel minis? A lot of people think so. I think it would do a lot more damage to the line then it would do good. Think of how many remakes they'd have to do. How much of people's collections would become null and void. I think they're doing a perfect job with the extended feet/boots/belts. Look at X3 Juggy. He's a prime example of how you can have a 2" body and still give the feeling of height and girth.

So to say that for Marvel to survive it needs to get bigger mates, well, their track record and I say you are wrong, sir.

How exactly is it going to be detrimental to the line TM2? They have the multiple pieces of each scale and like I said earlier, the line started at what, 3"? Considering the amount of customs that have come out of that side of the forum, it would seem that the members have found a way around these issues. One of the reasons the line has survived so long is because of DST and fans support. It's not going to damage the line, trust me on that or not.

I agree on leaving the bigger bodies for the really big characters. Man would I love to see a Giant Man the same size as a Sentinel. :-) But I do agree on haveing the line stay with the same basic body. Height belts, tall boots, long heads, long gauntlets, wings, capes, hoods. Its all good. Just keep the core body. And also the ultra detailing is getting a little over done. I liked the simpler look of the older minis compared to some of the ones that have been coming out as of lately.

I can see the argument for both sides pretty clearly. It is cool and adds to the playability of the mates to be able to have hulk wear spidey jamies but still. I would love to have a bigger giant man or Hulk just because in the comics these characters tower over the others. With that being said I would also love a smaller ant-man and wasp to but still a bigger one. It's all with preferance to a person's wants. I just keep looking at my abomination and sees him as being way over bulked and weird looking with all of those accessories to make him seem bigger. Just give him a 2.5" body and be done with it. but I guess that is up to what we have to customize.

Not to mention even with customs you need some bigger parts, like my custom scud the dissposible assasin minimate , i used one of the 2.5 arms for an accesorie for when he lost and arm and had that huge one grafted on. Also my custom pinhead had to be made out of gandalf simply due to the fact that is was WAY to hard to glue all the pins in the smaller head.

I think it is cool that AA is making their Marvel figures bigger. It worked really well with dcd and LOTR. The cylons from BSG are some of my favorite mates because they are so well executed. I just don't like how they did smart Hulk. I think those feet he comes with are kind of dumb. I really like apocalypse. I think he was well done, but there is something about smart hulk and a-bomb that really does not do it for me. oh well I have never been a big fan of the hulk so that could be it. but those big feet are not stopping me from getting the avenger's box set!