UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate First-aid

I recently got a Kabuki Minimate, but her leg joints were so stiff that when i tried moving them, the pegs broke off. :(

brokenMinimate.jpg

I'm not too fazed though as I'm sure I can fix this with super glue.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this? I was thinking of dipping the broken legs in warm water to loosen the pegs, but then again, that might wash off the color.

Another idea is to get another pair of legs and paint it in the same style as Kabuki's (fortunately, the design on her legs are not complicted).

You won't wash off the paint just by dipping it in warm water... That should soften up the joints a bit, and you should be able to pull the pegs out. If you're not going to be playing hard with the figure, Super glue will work fine to reattach the pegs...

Now you can see why she's crying...

You won't wash off the paint just by dipping it in warm water... That should soften up the joints a bit, and you should be able to pull the pegs out. If you're not going to be playing hard with the figure, Super glue will work fine to reattach the pegs...

Now you can see why she's crying...

Thanks Antacost! Will try that out later and hopefully wipe the tear from Kabuki. :lol:

This happened with my Kabuki figure too. I took the whole pack back to my comic shop and Diamond sent a replacement. Give it a try. If they don't want to know contact Diamond.

And a tip for the future: never rotate frozen joints; instead, move the limb perpendicular to the peg's axis first. The peg is stronger in that direction, rather than shearing it with a twisting motion. (Am I making sense?)

Miniken,

Wow that sucks...

I just looked in my parts bin and have a spare set of kubuki legs, great I thought I'll send em on to Ken... but being te guy I am I thoguht I'd make sure tey were mobile, and what do you know.... one of the legs snapped straight off, It didn't even feel like it was shearing :(

Sorry dude I thought I had a solution for you!

T.

Same happened to me while I was using one of her legs to pull her out of the package. She was the first one I tried to take out and I took great care with the others afterwards. As for a fix, I just used a toothpick to take out the ball and superglued it back on and she looks fine now.

I havent broken one yet........ but super glu is fine but JB Weld is better. I guarantee that stuff wont let go to whatever it's attached too. I fixed a forearm on a 12" "Real Guy" figure I bought awhile ago. Super glue would'nt hold so I bought JB Weld. Man just a dab of it worked real good.