UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jatta Pake's Secret Mission

I thought this might be a fun idea for members who can't go to SDCC. Tell me some things I should do while I am there on Sat.

Should I interview AA? Should I deliver a list of Minimate demands? Should I take pictures of Timbo in his Princess Leia costum?

You tell me!

Ady - do you know who will be there? I know Donna will be at the talent search on Friday - any idea who will be manning (or womanning) the booth on Sat.?

All the AA big guns will be at SDCC, Digger, Adam, Donna and Robert from what I can tell will be there this year. With maybea couple of random scrubs from the asylum (and Jaycen) manning the merchandise at the booth.

They do tend to flit about a lot though, zipping here there and everywhere to talk to various other toy/comic/film companies.... SDCC is a great chance for them to shmooze other people in the industry etc.

As for a mission try to get picture of anyone wearing a MMMV T-shirt without them realising :P

(if they get here in time, I'm pulling out my hair... they are currently in a USP truck somewhere between LA and here)

T.

* Pictures of minimates at their respective booths.

ie Spidey at the Marvel Booth (bonus points if you get a picture of Symbiote Spider-Man, Sandman & Venom next to a Spider-Man 3 poster/ad), Batman at DC, Witchblade at TopCow

* Pictures of minimates with people dressed up like the character.

ie Spidey with Spidey, Danny will love you forever if you get one of White Queen or Rogue ;)

Hahaha. These are great.

Although I don't think my wife will approve of my sticking Minimates on "booth babes". I would have been all over that challenge back in the day so you will need to enlist one of the bachelor minifanatics for that particular mission. (I would love to see the fast talking required to pull that one off!)

Keep the missions coming!

DANG! Just imagine displaying a White Queen mini on a model dressed as White Queen, snapping a pic and getting her to sign that very mini!

Done imagining?

Now think of what that figure would pull in on eBay.... :o ;)

Ok - I've got my list of missions.

One that was not posted publically, but sent to me via PM by CHUCK59, is a mission to press DST to do more Spider-Man and Wolverine Minimate variations. He thinks that I should let them know "that's what the fans are telling me at Minimate Headquarters."

It is true that I've recently received 100s of emails from people with Hotmail accounts asking if I can lead the charge to get more made. Some of these people seem to think Marvel is strongly pressing DST for more character diversity.

Well, a mission is a mission, so I'm off to see if we can make sure the next several waves of Marvel Minimates include Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Post from my Blackberry:

Note to self, leave LA earlier for SDCC. I am still sitting in traffic on the Interstate to San Diego.

Thank God I booked a hotel down here for tonight. This is madness. I'm not sure if I wil make it today.