UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Trekker 42

I got inspired one day while playing with Minimates and thought: What if all of this was in WWII? So I began to make up outlandish stories and QCs abounded. Then I put these in word form and here is the result:

Captain America

Part One

In WWII there was one man whom all others feared. This man was Francisco Cassanova, right hand man to Benito Mussolini himself. As leader of Mussolini’s regime, he was possibly the third most powerful man in the Axis Powers, second only to his boss and Hitler himself. His acts of vengeance were so brutal against his numerous enemies that he received the name The Punisher.

Sicily. May 1945. Secret Italian lab.

“Any sign of him?”

“Nein Herr Barzini, Captain America will not appear today.”

“Still, I think that the bio department should hurry up launching the new weapons. I really don’t like this.”

“Herr Barzini you worry too much. The good captain will not make an appearance anytime soon.”

Bucky Barnes was getting antsy. Cap had been gone for two hours on a scouting mission. “Darn it Cap, where are you?”

“Right here Bucky.”

Bucky jumped. Cap came from out of nowhere.

“Steve dang you why did you scare me like that?”

“It’s fun. Now listen Bucky, I have acquired an idea of what is in this building and who runs it. Is your arm ready?”

Bucky Barnes had entered the armed forces at age sixteen. His first real assignment was with Captain America, the ultimate moral citizen. In that particular battle, the Punisher took his arm and his will to fight. Cap decided to take him on as his apprentice and gave him a mask and a costume. In cooperation with the British Secret Service, Bucky Barnes even gained a new arm, albeit with a few little additions. The arm was made of a newly discovered metal called carbonadium and was linked specifically to the brain patterns of whomever wears it at the time. It is equipped with a collapsible staff and a rifle which are made of Adamantium in addition to a small machine gun in the wrist.

“Ready for action Cap.”

“Let’s move out.”

Under the cover of night the Star Spangled warrior and his boy apprentice stalk toward the compound knowing that they will have to defeat whatever is in there or the Axis Powers will win the war.

“Cap what are we dealing with?”

“There are about forty nonscientific personnel inside the building, at least three genetic experiments, and one megalomaniacal Italian officer.”

“Punisher.”

“Exactly.”

The two champions of the USA easily entered the compound with the intent of finding the Punisher and destroying him once and for all. The duo split up using radios to communicate the rest of the way. As the compound center neared, voices could be overheard: “yes the Doctor responded quite well to this treatment.” A Pause “No, no ill effects. Yes sir, I shall try harder next time.”

Reaching the center of the complex, Bucky paused again hearing an all too familiar voice carry through the door.

“Indeed the subjects just arrived sir.”

“Excellent,” replied the Punisher, “We shall soon have the tests ready and waiting. Bring me the new one.”

“I’ll rip you a new one!” Bucky screamed as he kicked down the door

“Barnes, how delightful. Welcome to the show, my new star.”

“I don’t want to be a part of your psycho circus, Punisher, I’m here to kill you at last,” Bucky screamed as he drew his gun.

Everyone around him did too.

“Stand down men,” Cassanova calmly said. “Enjoy the show.”

Shots and screams came down the hall, getting closer by the second.

“You’re screwed now,” said Bucky as he holstered his gun, “Captain’s coming.”

“I seriously doubt that that is Captain America, Mr. Barnes.”

A horrifying roar echoed down the tunnel along with the screams of even more men. A large green creature broke through the door frame.

“SMAAAASH!!!!!”

“Cap,” said Bucky over the radio, “I need some backup.”