UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Battlestar Galactica 5-packs: A Question

Here's the thing....

I was thrilled yet strangely depressed when I saw the the pics of the Retro Galactica packs,

Why? I hear you ask...

Because, They come with Starbuck in his dress finest and not his regular Colonial uniform, G.U.T.T.E.D!

Will anyone else be buying more than one Colonial pack In order to have a Starbuck with a flight uniform and an Apollo with a dress uniform?

Any other ideas circulating about retro custom jobs out there?

I guess you'll just have to buy two sets and make both versions of Starbuck and Apollo. Who wouldn't want two daggits?

Hell! You can NEVER have enough Daggits!!

are'nt there different coloured one's in the show????

I think Muffitt was the prototype for a robot scout daggit

I guess you'll just have to buy two sets and make both versions of Starbuck and Apollo. Who wouldn't want two daggits?

It wouldn't be the first time I've doubled on on purchases to make some body-head switch quick customs... I think I actually bought triples of the boomer/cylon set so I could use the Boomer head to make a uniform and a casual Boomer along with the Flightsuit version that came in series 2.

Congrats to DST Matt for that proposal (and a little blatant marketing) to keep those sales up. :thumbsup:

I'm ordering at least 3 of each. One for the set, one to switch Starbuck with Boomer and Adama with David Palmer head/hands(24 boxset 1) for a Col. Tigh custom, and one to switch Starbuck with Apollo and Adama with Nina Myers head/hands(again, 24 boxset 1)+ new hair for an Athena custom. That leaves two extra "pilot" bodies for possibly a Sheba, Athena(viper pilot), Jolly, Greenbean, BoJay or Col. Cain customs. BTW, Kim Baur's head/hands (Wow I'm getting alot of mileage out of that 24 boxset!) would make a decent Cassiopeia custom. I have a sneaking suspicion that we may still see the "Classic" Viper and Raiders eventually (if sales are good) to go along with the Modern "armada" hinted before, so that could provide some more Colonial Warrior bodies for customs ("ship of lights" white duds for Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba would be cool). Maybe Starbuck(pilot) will replace the previously planned Apollo since he isn't getting an "official" figure in the boxset? I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with all the Daggits (and Adama heads..."Ponderosa" mates anyone?). While I'm not sure yet about getting multiples of the "Cylon Empire" set, I would really like to have a few extra Lucifers; one in his gold robes and one as his nemesis Specter (gray and maroon stripes). I'm counting on a Raider release to fill-out my Centurian ranks (May the Lords of Kobol provide them...*dork*). I'm too excited about these! Now, I've got to get back to work on that LEGO/Megabloks LandRam that I abandonned so long ago.

just saw pics of these and I quite like them. My better half is a fan of classic BG and when she saw them I was told I was buying them. :) It was ohh ahh proper cylons, I haven't heard noises like that since I bought them novelty elephant briefs

Sorry to hijack the thread but seeing as DST posted he could have at least popped over to the marvel board and clued us up on what the heck is happening.

I asked my LCS if they could get these as they're solicited in this months previews. He said everything on the page was unavailable to the UK.

yeah it's a bummer but my lcs has already sorted a source from the state's so us uk'ers won't miss out ;)

well it looks Mr bean that your LCS is going to get loads of orders :)

I've got the number for em as I've had stuff from them before but a shout out when they get stock would be great!

I'll second that request...Just received my Trek series 2 mates from Winkerbeans LCS after his recommendation, Can't thank Paul enough for the great customer service and prompt delivery, Totally my UK shop of choice from now on...

If they release the vipers they'll need to come with a pilot. Maybe it's Starbuck.

That's what I'm thinking (hoping). I never really liked the idea of the Viper coming with Apollo (as originally planned for the classic) as he was the only left-handed character on the show. I plan on customizing my extras and would prefer the gun-belts to be the "standard" right-handed; I'm kind of an obsessive detail-geek like that!:P