UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So much for Spiderman. Screw you Marvel

TM2 Dinobot

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=141756

"It's magic, we don't have to explain it."

To add misery to an already dead horse.

Worse than throwing out 30 years of history, worse of breaking up the marriage, worse than shoehorning MJ into a superhero, worse than feeding Flash Thompson alcohol (remember, he's an alcoholic), worse than having a MAGICAL ABORTION...

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-...age-1-color.jpg

The worst part about all this is that the retailers are going to also be feeling the burn. The first couple MONTHS of this are non-returnable. So they cost a buck more and the LCS guys can't send them back. According to my friend who helps run a shop, sales can't really be changed until month 4 of this fiasco. So expect to hear about how BND sells out.

I almost wish I still read a regular Spiderman title, just so I could drop it in protest.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my lcs said that for everyone 1 person that dropped spidey someone that does'nt/had'nt been buying has said "hey sounds good lets give it a try!!!!

me i'm gonna pass on the whole thing,

its strange that in comics you don't want Peter smoking, drinking, doing drugs etc...... because he's a role model to children & adults the world over, but lets have him make a deal with the devil!!!!!!!

Wow! They've really screwed up haven't they?

I had misgivings over JMS's tenure when he introduced the concept of the Spider-Totem. Gwen's kids were a step too far for me and I stopped reading. To read that JMS really wanted them to be Peter and Gwen's kids all along is irritating in the extreme. This seems to me to be the start of another Spidey backlash, just like we saw with the Clone Saga. Why do Marvel allow these guys (JMS, Kevin Smith etc) to get away with this crap?

There's only really one Spidey book now. Bendis gets it right every month. Stick with Ulti Spidey. It's not the only game in town, but it is the best.

it's interesting but the the clone saga is one of the most requested books to be put into graphic novel.

hell i'd buy because i can be bothered to dig out my old comics and work what order to read them!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/pre...SM-spread-1.jpg

this is supposed to set up SPIDEY'S NEW STATUS QUO!!!!!!

Haha! I'm so glad I gave up on 616 Marvel. This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rediculous.

As Rad says, stick with Ultimate Marvel!

I've had Ult Spidey for years now. I love it. Always have, always will. I would really love to see Jessica (Parker's clone) show back up. Have them talk some more or something. I want an issue that's a day in her life, dealing with school, fighting crime, running from Shield AND having to deal with the gender bender issue. "Wow, that girl's got a cute arse. Oh wait." I think that'd be amazing.

As far as where to place the blame, I say look higher. Marvel writers would be able to pull this kinda crap if they weren't ALLOWED to. Joe Q gets my vote to be booted off the island. He'd done nothing but screw up since he came on board. Hoever, he stays cause he knows how to rake in the big bucks. <_<

i like the whole

"spidey unmasked during the civil war, no one quite remembers whose face was under the mask"

ok fine then lets take a look @ one of the hundreds of photos that were taken or a replay of the live news feed

"hey looks its Peter Parker"

and if MJ is Jackpot i'm waiting for some writer to put in the dialog that when some villians punches her she say's

" hey tiger, not just anyone hits the jackpot"

Wow! They've really screwed up haven't they?

I had misgivings over JMS's tenure when he introduced the concept of the Spider-Totem. Gwen's kids were a step too far for me and I stopped reading. To read that JMS really wanted them to be Peter and Gwen's kids all along is irritating in the extreme. This seems to me to be the start of another Spidey backlash, just like we saw with the Clone Saga. Why do Marvel allow these guys (JMS, Kevin Smith etc) to get away with this crap?

There's only really one Spidey book now. Bendis gets it right every month. Stick with Ulti Spidey. It's not the only game in town, but it is the best.

To be fair, this is Joe Quesada's doing. JMS only wrote the dialog. Quesada wrote the plot.

But hey, for no reason at all, Harry is back!

I've always hated psuedo-religous story lines in superhero comic books. Superhero comics work best when they act as an analogy for human mores and religious ideals, like DC's The Nail. Marvel might as well put a cape on Jesus and have him fight crime.

The "devil" magic'ed everything so Harry is back and MJ and Peter aren't married? Why doesn't the devil just "magic" the return of Onslaught and kill all the heroes again?

I could do the story one better.

The Scarlet Witch's reality warping powers have started to decay. Like a pendulum swinging back to right itself after the disturbances of House of M and "No More Mutants", reality starts to open up "thought-holes" in the Marvel Universe. The Venom symbiote, seeking revenge on Spidey, exploits a "thought-hole" using its alien powers to bring back Harry Osborn. The "logic-ripple" undoes Spidey's marriage, unmasking, and saves Aunt May. Then the "though-hole" power then conveniently vanishes.

Simple.

Then again, maybe we should just throw my and Joe Q's ideas into a real "though-hole" ... the garbage.

Ive been reading Spidey for about 10 years and while im not keen on the "Break up" i think that generally this will be good for the book, it doesn't for get the last 30 years of spidey history it just alters it and while some of its bad theres also some good i mean Harrys back, no more Organic shooters or spikes, this happens to the big guns every few years and if it doesnt work they'll revert things back to normal.

All that matters in the long run to me is i can still enjoy my monthly spidey fix always expecting some thing new.

Personally, I think One More Day sucked. In the months building up to this, we learned that medicine couldn't save Aunt May, nor could magic, science, or any other means. We even learned via Madame Web that Aunt May didn't really want to be saved. So, the Mephisto comes along and offers a deal, despite the fact that Spidey has visited countless realities and found no answers. Give up a lifetime of happiness with the woman who was meant for you to get a few more months out of an old woman. Sure, sign me up!

The interview with JMS was interesting. Joe Q didn't want to negate 30 years worth of stories by doing it JMS's way, so instead he negates 30 years worth of stories by doing it his own way. I assume that we go back in time to some point before the marriage began and just twist things slightly. So, no marriage to MJ, which results in Harry not dying (how?), Spider-Man: Disassembled didn't happen (how?), the Other didn't happen (how?), Civil War didn't happen (how?), nor did any of the New Avengers (how?). Who knew that half the damn Marvel Universe hinged on Peter Parker marrying Mary Jane? Not only did this retroactively screw up all of Spider-Man's history, but it screws up the entire universe. I assume since he's not being Spider-Man since Civil War, that means he isn't on the New Avengers roster, which screws up New Avengers and Mighty Avengers. Also, he isn't chasing Scarlet Spiders, which screws up Avengers Initiative. He didn't unmask, creating friction between him and JJJ, which screws up She-Hulk. He wasn't Spider-Man during World War Hulk either, which screws that whole thing up. Every event that featured Spider-Man after Civil War is gone. Every event where someone saw him without his mask on is gone. Every event tying to Harry Osborn is gone, including his wife and child.

I think things would have been far easier if they had just dragged Stan Lee into the office, bent him over, and anally raped him (not to mention digging up Jack Kirby for good measure). It would have been far less painful than anally raping them by destroying the comic they created.