UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The sales of minimates in Europe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

'i think their buying in large amounts from the US for us in the UK which i'm glad for as hate getting stung for custom's charge's

£12 for a set of minimates

£12 shipping

£4 vat charges

£9 handling fee

total £39 :( '

Aside from the bad maths the above is just pure crap. I'm a UK minimate fan and I've bought all BSG and Trek waves from the US. I got all wave 2 trek (inc variant) and BSG series 3 (inc variant) for £25.00 all in including shipping and no customs charges. This is about standard. To buy the same at my local store would have been £47.92 at £5.99 a pack!!!!

So what no UK sales, it won't effect me in the slightest. :)

'i think their buying in large amounts from the US for us in the UK which i'm glad for as hate getting stung for custom's charge's

£12 shipping

£4 vat charges

£9 handling fee

Aside from the bad maths the above is just pure crap. I'm a UK minimate fan and I've bought all BSG and Trek waves from the US. I got all wave 2 trek (inc variant) and BSG series 3 (inc variant) for £25.00 all in including shipping and no customs charges. This is about standard. To buy the same at my local store would have been £47.92 at £5.99 a pack!!!!

I note that Cornerstorestorecomics are offering new waves at $24 + $10 shipping to UK which is a darn good deal from a darn good company.....but this is a reaction to many of us getting in touch with US suppliers to deal with heavy shipping charges.

The customs charge is NEVER a problem if your US supplier helps by saying your items are gifts, it's not a problem to them unless they are sussed by customs because it's fraud. Customs & VAT charges are NEVER a problem to anybody until THEY are the ones that are randomly chosen,then it's a problem & trust me you will be chosen.

Winkerbeans scenario is 'worst case',he knows that but what I want to know(& I guess a few others) is where do you buy from bearing in mind the waves you mention are not the latest on offer?

We were toying with the idea of starting a Minimates Initiative over at MMHQ, helping get Minimates into the hands of collectors. But that's all in the early stages and I doubt we'd get the funding and response we'd need to really get it off the ground.

£12 shipping

£4 vat charges

£9 handling fee

I note that Cornerstorestorecomics are offering new waves at $24 + $10 shipping to UK which is a darn good deal from a darn good company.....but this is a reaction to many of us getting in touch with US suppliers to deal with heavy shipping charges.

The customs charge is NEVER a problem if your US supplier helps by saying your items are gifts, it's not a problem to them unless they are sussed by customs because it's fraud. Customs & VAT charges are NEVER a problem to anybody until THEY are the ones that are randomly chosen,then it's a problem & trust me you will be chosen.

Winkerbeans scenario is 'worst case',he knows that but what I want to know(& I guess a few others) is where do you buy from bearing in mind the waves you mention are not the latest on offer?

I got stung recently on a shipment from Stuckakid which comprised of Marvel 19 and 20, (plus variants)Zombie Iron-Man/Panther and Taskmaster/USagent. Total including shipping was around $84.00 (I think) Customs and Parcelforce combined walloped me for £17.00. I was pretty pissed off about this, but then I realised that £17.00 spread over all of my other US based purchases really isn't that bad. You're not going to get walloped every time you buy something and if you keep your goods below a certain value you won't get stung anyway.