UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man 3 Minimate Poster on ebay

Orpheus

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm hoping you all could help me with some authentication of an item on ebay. I won't post a link or any of that jazz, as I'm assuming that's against the board policy, but the title of this thread should be enough to help you find what it is I'm looking at.

Someone has listed a minimate parody poster of the Spider-Man 3 teaser image. The size seems correct, and it looks fantastic framed, but is this the real deal? Is the seller being genuine in describing this as "one of a kind" or would it be possible to acquire one of these through other means? Any help would be appreciated, I just want to know if this would be my only chance at owning this image.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm hoping you all could help me with some authentication of an item on ebay. I won't post a link or any of that jazz, as I'm assuming that's against the board policy, but the title of this thread should be enough to help you find what it is I'm looking at.

Someone has listed a minimate parody poster of the Spider-Man 3 teaser image. The size seems correct, and it looks fantastic framed, but is this the real deal? Is the seller being genuine in describing this as "one of a kind" or would it be possible to acquire one of these through other means? Any help would be appreciated, I just want to know if this would be my only chance at owning this image.

Thanks!

Hey Orpheus,

We actually have links to the auction already in the Ebay thread. Yep it's a sweet looking item.

A couple of the guys from DST sometimes drift by the boards and might answer this directly but to be honest your best bet would be to email DST direct and ask them.

I was at SDCC last year and don't remember there being anything about a one off poster being given away, However the owner might have claimed it as they did a breakdown of the stand.

Matt/Chuck are you out there today? care to share your thoughts?

T.

Welcome to the MMMV Orpheus. Right now that auction is the only way. (But don't bid 'cause I want it.:)) People have asked DST in the past if the posters themselves would be made available but we've never gotten a firm answer. DST makes a lot of different kinds of items (toys, replicas, statues) but really nothing in the way print items. It could be something they want to get into, or maybe not. We don't really know.

As for authenticity, I'm pretty sure it's legit. (But don't bid 'cause I want it.:)) The seller's nick seems very familiar to me, but I can't remember why. I'm pretty sure they have ties to AA or DST in one way or another.

Welcome to the MMMV Orpheus. Right now that auction is the only way. (But don't bid 'cause I want it.:)) People have asked DST in the past if the posters themselves would be made available but we've never gotten a firm answer. DST makes a lot of different kinds of items (toys, replicas, statues) but really nothing in the way print items. It could be something they want to get into, or maybe not. We don't really know.

As for authenticity, I'm pretty sure it's legit. (But don't bid 'cause I want it.:)) The seller's nick seems very familiar to me, but I can't remember why. I'm pretty sure they have ties to AA or DST in one way or another.

Hey Ivan,

I just may have to bid, that is if the price remains resonable...

If one of the DTS or AA guys were to chime in that would be outstanding, but it does appear that it's the real deal.

I'm going to go off at a tangent here so bear with me. The question is ,is it an original ? Original in what sense ?

An original which has been manually drawn or painted onto a unique piece of paper,canvas etc. by an artist ? :biggrin:

A digitally printed copy off of an 'original computer disc' ?

A lithographic/gravure processed original image first edition ?

I would love it but I'll stick my neck out (not far) & say 'It aint the first option because it would be worth :blink: $, it aint the third option because the set-up cost is prohibitive <_< That leaves us with a digitally printed copy off an 'original computer disc'....its worth a few dollars (& I would still love it)but someone,somewhere has the disc & they aint going to sell just one :mellow:

It looks authentic, but it is definitely NOT one of a kind...

He claims the others were destroyed. He says this in the description.

Where did my original post go...?

My bad, I skimmed that part. Maybe he's right. I just remember seeing pics of multiples hanging around.

It's probably a fake or duplicate that someone printed out at the local Kinko's. They probably got the image from someone at DST and blew up the JPEG.

And yes, this is my way of scaring people off so I can bid on it.

I quizzed Matt at DST directly about this and had the following reply...

"Yeah, the poster’s real. We let someone have one after our party. Just goes to show that one man’s trash is another’s prized eBay collectible."

So yes it's real, but it doesn't sound like it's unique...

T.

I quizzed Matt at DST directly about this and had the following reply...

"Yeah, the poster’s real. We let someone have one after our party. Just goes to show that one man’s trash is another’s prized eBay collectible."

So yes it's real, but it doesn't sound like it's unique...

T.

Damn. Now I wish I would have hung out at the DST booth when the hall closed on Sunday and shamed myself for the BTTF poster. :)

Cool It was done by Barry, You did an awesome job with it...

( for those that don't know the artist who did this is a member here, I'll let him decide if he should step into the light.)

Can I assume that like most of your stuff you did this digitally and therefore is no 'original' just prints?

(feel free to answer by PM if you dont want to give out secrets publically)

T.