UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A neat "fix" for Dr. Fate

Mystery Man

I wanted some magic effects on Dr. Fate's hands but his gloves are too big to use the normal fireball like Scarlet Witch has.

So I took the purple M. Bison fireball from the Street Fighter II minimate and cut the part off that fits over the hand, leaving the big purple ball without the part that sticks out from it. Then fit the cuff part that you cut off around Dr. Fate's gloved hand so the part you cut is facing backwards and the energy looks like it's shooting off his hand. I had 2 of those fireballs so I used them both and now Dr. Fate looks really cool. At first I didn't want to cut the fireball up but it was so top heavy it never really looked that good anyway.

I wanted some magic effects on Dr. Fate's hands but his gloves are too big to use the normal fireball like Scarlet Witch has.

So I took the purple M. Bison fireball from the Street Fighter II minimate and cut the part off that fits over the hand, leaving the big purple ball without the part that sticks out from it. Then fit the cuff part that you cut off around Dr. Fate's gloved hand so the part you cut is facing backwards and the energy looks like it's shooting off his hand. I had 2 of those fireballs so I used them both and now Dr. Fate looks really cool. At first I didn't want to cut the fireball up but it was so top heavy it never really looked that good anyway.

you need to get a digital camera...you always have really creative ideas and I would really like to see them.

you need to get a digital camera...you always have really creative ideas and I would really like to see them.

Maybe one day. One of my cats knocked it offa the desk about a year ago, so no new pictures.

Thanks for the compliment! It's nice to know I'm not just wacky. :biggrin:

Edit: I've also cut one of the orange fireball haduken things apart and taken the peice where the wrist goes into it off of the rest of the effect. It'll fit on Dr. Fate or any other gloved figures fine. I'm putting superglue around the circumference of the inside of it so that it'll fit more securely on non-gloved characters. Again, same effect as before and you put it on the same way, but I think this one'll look really great on Dr. Strange.

Ditto that.

A little bit ago, mystery man, you mentioned going off to find some magic effects for Dr Strange. I've been awaiting this post these past few days, knowing the issue was well in hand. B)

Although... shouldn't this thread be in the Marvel section? ;)

Ditto that.

A little bit ago, mystery man, you mentioned going off to find some magic effects for Dr Strange. I've been awaiting this post these past few days, knowing the issue was well in hand. B)

Although... shouldn't this thread be in the Marvel section? ;)

yeah what they said, make with the pictures! I think this really belongs in the customs/artwork thread

If I had a digital camera I'd be happy to take pictures. But alas, unemployed and so forth right now only gets me so much.

For the Dr. Fate effect with M. Bison's fireball, it works best on a character with gloves for hands. I really wanted something for Dr. Fate since he's a magician, so that's why I picked the DC forum for this. With the Dimitri fireball (orange) that I've used to do one for non-gloved characters, I'm using it on my Dr. Strange. If a moderator wants to move this to the Custom forum, that's fine with me. I was just trying to give people some ideas they could do with a very little bit of cutting and maybe some super glue.

With any of the stuff I'm describing in this thread, you're doing the same basic thing for any of them.

1.) Cut the fireball "sleeve" off which will fit over the characters hand.

2.) Flip it around backwards so the part that you've cut is facing the character and put it on the hand.

In Dr. Fate (gloved characters) case, there isn't any need for glue or anything else.

With the Dr. Strange (non-gloved characters) example, you'll have to coat the inside of the fireball "sleeve" with some superglue and let it dry. Then try to fit it over the hand of the character. I like mine fitting over just the hand and a little bit of the wrist, so it needs to fit tightly enough to stay on the hand securely. It's the pressure from the hand fitting in the "sleeve" that holds it on.

I hope this all makes sense. I'm trying to explain as best as I can without any pictures.

I took a picture from Minimate Central and showed on it what I'm talking about but I don't have a place to host the picture. If somebody can help me out I can at least do that much.