UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Customs by Me

Thoughts while I was adding some new pics I'd organize this a little bit better

also some time this weekend Ill dig up the old customs from the old AA board and post those in here as well.

and now I proudly present to all of you The Ghost who walks, the man who will never die,

The Phantom

Newest Custom Colossus!

PICT0389.jpg

phantom1.jpg

ab1.jpg

PICT0332.jpg

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0314.jpg

ty i know that the old hand painted way is so dated now with all these decals etc. but its what works for me.. albeit limits me because my skill on the faces is little to nonexistant.. but i can do the other stuff decently

ty i know that the old hand painted way is so dated now with all these decals etc. but its what works for me.. albeit limits me because my skill on the faces is little to nonexistant.. but i can do the other stuff decently

There's nothing wrong with using paint, I use decals cos I cant paint...

The apps on your stuff are very cool and clean, darn fine job if you ask me :)

T.

I agree with Timbo - nothing wrong with painting. I wish I knew how to use these waterslide decals that people are using for chests and faces but it seems a little too complicated for my wee little brain.

Nice work, BTW, glad to see that people are being inspired by Barry's work.

Yeah those two are very nice.

Agreed that decals are great and provide a very professional look to customs but paint is still very viable, you just gotta have steady hands.

Sadly Timbo has "the shakes".

dont know if i have a steady hand.. as i have more the willingness to paint and repaint something til it looks right ... to me atleast.. ill have to crack out some of the older customs and repost them

many thanks for all the compliments.. ive got a couple more that im.. working out in my head that i should start working on here shortly

but once again many thanks

btw anybody have any tips on adding colour to a clear minimate while retaining the clearness of the minimate.??

• 3 weeks later...

Decals are best for customs that are for display only. And viewed from a distance. Upclose it just looks like a sticker on a minimate part. The sticker also peels and looses stickiness with light play.

The best durable way is smooth thin coats of top quality model paint with 2+ coats of protective coating. No sticker outlines or peeling off.

Ty for the compliments B24.. with out your design id have painted on the boots and the gloves would have been different, but your design was much easier to work with.

& Highassroller I've only ever worked with paint.. im too lazy to learn decals. and the only display my customs get (along with all my other 'mates) is for my personal enjoyment and the dismay of my wife ;)

ive got one im working on right now that im not sure how its going to turn out.. i dyed a clear 'mate and i think the colour is a little dark.. but i think ic an work around that part of it.. if i ever get around to stop playing WoW enough to actually work on him a bit mroe

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work all around, Vash. Your paint apps look nice and clean.

Really like the Robin and City of Heroes guy... What's his name?

Really, Really like the Captain Marvel... Great idea on dying the clear figure...

The Statesman is the CoH guy...

im currently trying to decide/figure out how to do some of my wife & I's characters from World of Warcraft... not sure how im going to work those out just yet..

as for dying Captain Marvel.. its a trick used on changing the colour of transformers.. figured plastic is plastic.. so i dyed a clear minimate.. ofcourse i had to touch him up with a blue sharpie

• 2 months later...