UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2 right hands for gorn

I wanna know why problems like this always come up! Why the heck does almost every wave have packs with 2 left arms, or a crotch for a head? (Ok, maybe not that bad yet...)

That crotch-for-a-head figure was actually a variant, from the little known storyline involving Kirk and a transporter accident, though oddly enough, no one seemed to notice, as Kirk usually thought with his crotch anyway.

As far as the problem of swapped parts, I imagine it involves the production process and the fact that they are using small parts. I'm not sure exactly what the production process is like, but I imagine at some point it involves people reaching into a bin containing the limbs/hands/feet/etc and attaching them to the figure, either before or after the paint process. If before, it explains why you can get an arm that is a perfect visual match but bends the wrong way. If it is after, it explains why you get parts that are painted correctly but are just on the wrong side of the figure. The fact that sometimes the problem is limited to just half of an arm (top half is for a right arm, bottom half for a left) suggests that it has to be as simple as a human or machine assembling parts that have managed to get mixed together due largely in part to the small proportions and the high quantity of items going through the line. Of course, in the instances where the part swapping is of high quantity, like the Target/TRU version of Riot Spidey having the wrong hand and the regular wave version having the right one, I suspect cost cutting or just plain laziness.

So the title says it all...I was wondering if anyone got 2 left hands with theirs? Maybe we could swap?!?

It's a new fig and not a chase so odds are DST will be able to help you.

Email their customer service department, sometimes it takes acouple of days for them to get back and we're jsut about to hit a holiday so be patient but they almost always get back to you.

T.

I did that when I did'nt recieve the bag that was suppose to come with Kim in the 24 series, and they shipped me a whole new figure with the bag.

They also helped me with Rocky's hair.

So now the problem with Gorns hand...I don't want to keep complaining to them, so I was kinda hoping to fix him up without having to ask DST for anything again....But I will if this is unsuccesfull!