UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So, here's a question

So I was thinking. If Mechacon does good this year, we were talking about an exclusive next year. I brought up minimates, and every one went "whats that?"

So I thought I'd run my idea past you experts and see what you think. I was thinking a clear lime green (more lime green then Gama Hulk) with the Mechacon logo printed on the chest. Either that, or good ol' white. But here's the part that I thought would be fun. Do you think AA could do the first blank MM with a hair piece. I was thinking a molded hair piece done in an anime styling. I have some sketches.... somewhere...

Anyways, I wanted y'alls opinion. What do ya think of this idea? I already asked Jaycen, and I assume he's busy with SDCC, cause he didn't get back to me. So what do yall think of that idea, exactally what would go into making it happen and (the big question) how much money are we talking here?

The cost depends on the unit price that AA gives you per minimate and other factors like how many colors in the logo (since each on is applied seperatley IIRC) and accessories such as a hairpiece (which would raise the price considerably if it wasn't a reuse).

For a run of 5000 of the Mechacon exclusive I'd imagine you'd be looking somewhere in the neighbourhood of $10,000. This is purely speculation based on the information about the ECCC exclusive that I have though...

You might want to contact Bad Apple Comics to see what went into their exclusives although they seem to be having difficulty returning emails.

I talked to Adam WAAAAY back when I did 'that bomb thing' and it seemed that 'a simple white with a single colour tampo' could be done in a run of 1k.... BUT it would cost WAY more 'per mini' than Fujis is guessing at! ($3-5 per mini, to get them to the stage where they are at a US distributor)

I believe that Licensed mini's with parts need at least a 5k run because of the hassle making new moulds etc.

Oh course in the last year pretty much everything could have changed so don't go quoting me if you're chasing someone over these!

So If you're thinking about you're going to need probably $5-10k even for a short 'easy to do' blank run.

I'm sure Jaycen can shed some light on this if he 'wants/is allowed' to..

T.

What do you think would be a good run? Some exclusive minis seem to get a lot of attention (the FCBD ones, the AFX ones) but then others (like the bomberman and ECCC) seem to get no one to notice till everythign is said and done. Maybe its just me, but the point would be to suck people intot he convention, not get them to buy the toys afterwards. Cause this seems a really good way to go broke.

Okay. So my mechacon guys said to go ahead and find some hard numbers. My gut feeling is that this won't happen however, as we're on a shoe string budget. Maybe for the 5th anual Mechacon. :P

Anyways, off to hunt down some hard numbers. :)

What do you think would be a good run? Some exclusive minis seem to get a lot of attention (the FCBD ones, the AFX ones) but then others (like the bomberman and ECCC) seem to get no one to notice till everythign is said and done. Maybe its just me, but the point would be to suck people intot he convention, not get them to buy the toys afterwards. Cause this seems a really good way to go broke.

The bomberman was a very limited thing, 100 made and given to forum members, Personally every other blank style mate seems to get the same attention, although some arent destined for the public making them that little bit more desireable.

The FCBD one is well know as they made billions of them, and they were free.

• 1 month later...

Well, I figured out what I'm doing. I decided Minimates would be too expencive, and in this case, not popular enough. So I am going to try and get a small run of 3 3/4" PVC figurines going. Like so.

mechacon4.jpg

I really apreciate y'all help on this. If you have any ideas how to help make this happen, LMK. I know they aren't minimates, but I could still use a hand, even if only in ideas. You can read about everything here.

Thank you.