UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek Series 2 Detailed Pics

Hey Cappy, can the Gorn hold his accessories nicely with those wonky looking hands?

Is it me or does he universal translator almost looks like it has a peg which would fit into the hand?

I was thinking the same thing.... that tab must be some type of grip to fit the mates' hands...

It's similar to some of the playmobil accessories that my kids' toys have - they have similar hand design.

These have really gone "old school" with accessory design, haven't they? I half expected Uhura to have some kind of sculpted skirt, but that's Gwen Stacy's original skirt mold, isn't it?

I think Gwen's skirt had a belt to it, whereas that is just a skirt. New, albeit plain sculpt.

Nice pictures..

All in all, I like this series but I think the Gorn should have shoulders, maybe a chest piece with the tunic(?) sculpted on and green pads for the shoulders, It just looks a little off with the tunic just hanging there :D

Also, the hair for Chekov just isn't looking right, He needs to have a do' thats a little more bowl-cut with a flick because he was always supposed to look like teen heart-throb Monkee Davy Jones to attract the hip, groovy youngsters..See..

Chekov..The Truth!!

200px-PavelChekov2267.jpg

Just my 2 cents, I'll still be buying them when they arrive at my LCS ;)

I really have to admit I am just not "feeling" these 2" Star Trek Minimates. They just don't look right to me. I dunno what it is. Maybe the fact I thought they were captured well enough in 3" in the first place?

I really like them, The facial detail is a little too simple for me, although you can still tell who the character is meant to be, (Scotty needs to cheer the f**k up tho' :) ) but...They really need to diversify into the other ST properties in order to keep fans happy,

They're almost finished with the core cast of TOS with wave 3 (The lack of aliens/adversaries is a little odd, I would rather have had a kick-ass wee Romulan centurion rather than Vina bundled with Kirk,

Technically I think she should have shipped with Pike, given their history together Vina),

So logically they need to now go Classic Movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, so every subsequent 2 or 3 waves would concentrate on a specific show,

My choice for Wave 4 + 5 would probably be a mix of seasons 1-7 of TNG:

Capt Picard/Q (In Judges robes)

Commander Riker/Cmdr La Forge (wt Toolkit)

Lt Data (With Spot the cat)/1st Appearance Ferengi

Gowron/Lt Worf (Both Sculpted ridges and Worf variant wt Klingon armour)

Dr Crusher/Wesley Crusher (wt variant Zombie edition :whistling: )

Commander Sela/Reunification Spock

Or something like that.. :)

Hey Cappy, can the Gorn hold his accessories nicely with those wonky looking hands?

Sadly, no. He can sort of grab the spikey thing at the fat end, but nothing smaller. The real problem is that his grip is V-shaped, not C-shaped, so it doesn't snap onto anything.

And just to whet the appetites of those expecting to pick up this series tomorrow, here's a pic of our intrepid bridge crew:

ST%20new%20world%2001.jpg

:)

I initially disliked the ST 'mates . This was also the case with the TV show ,which I remember watching for the first time, when it aired here in 1967. Looking back on it , I realise now how fortunate I was to be there right at the very beginning. The show ran here on BBC on Saturday evening ,dislodging Dr.Who in the process.That was the reason I initially disliked it ! Of course in the end I loved it. This was slowly happening in the same way with ST 'mates but now I've seen Uhura I'm hooked again. Uhura ,for many of you I'm sure, was just Kirk's sort-of- cyber-space- secretary. Not for me,I just loved her,she was(is) gorgeous & now she's available to me,at last.

I can't sign this off without emphasising how important that Star Trek 'Kiss' episode was. How far we've come in that 40 years . Just 40 years ago 'Kirk kissing Uhura' was considered a television first, the first interracial kiss on TV. It seems almost unbelievable now but there were massive protests against it, at the time ,in some quarters of the US.The bulk of the feedback to the network however was overwhelmingly positive! Uhura & Kirk actually helped to change a lot of things !

Your absolutely right. Milestones like the above mentioned shouldnt be overlooked or forgotten no matter how long ago or how far some people perceive we have advanced socially. Especially in light of the fact that so many of the United States social advances seem to be taking steps backwards over the last 10 years.

I grew up watching the Next Generation and , for me, that show was life changing in a very subtle way. I was fortunate that i had a TV in my home and was able to catch during my formative years. I can sincerely relate to what "The Kiss" episode and the original show in general meant to my preceding generation.

Oh...and im not a big fan of the ST mates :P

• 3 weeks later...