UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Probably been asked 1,000 times...

MST3KFan

A friend and I were talking after I got myself a bunch of DC minimates and seriously have to wonder if we'll ever see Marvel allow DST to make 2.5 inch Marvel mates. It works so well to convey larger characters in the DC line and it would so benefit a number of Marvel characters obviously. (Hulk, Juggernaut, Apocalypse) Has there been a full fledged explanation ever as to why Marvel won't allow it along with other things?

I'm hoping at some point maybe they will, but from the way it's been sounding it will never be. It just is funny how much more detailed and stuff how the DC minimates are. I want to see my Marvel minimates be able to get like that as well someday. (Hulk needs to be big, dangit!)

It has go look at one of the millions of Q&A's where it's been asked :)

OK, the short answer is that DST has the license for figures that are 2" for marvel and 2.5" is too big for what the license allows. I believe it's probably something to do with them never being called action figures, which is also rumored to be part of the license.

T.