UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Now I Know More About "Chobits"...

I think I'm obsessed with Star Trek, at least everybody I know tells me I am, but I have a long way to go before I can actually induce coma in someone.

However, I was almost admitted myself to A&E when on a night out with my husband's office. Last night we were sitting in an Asian restauraunt, and I was sitting oposite this guy who is a trekker. This was fine ~ actually more than fine because I rarely get to talk Star Trek with anyone in the flesh ~ so to speak. But then we got onto the subject of Manga and Anime ~ two things that I dare not get involved with due to my not really needing another obsession. :blink:

I unwisely mentioned Chobits ~ only because I'd seen these unlikely proportioned action figures in the Forbidden Planet catalogue and the strangeness of them intrigued me.

This was a bad mistake. :rolleyes:

The guy's eyes began glitteringin a strange way and a flush appeared over his cheeks as he bagan to give me the entire eight~book saga in full, with absolutely no exclusions, no subplot left unturned, and every intracacy of the wired workd of "persicons" explained ......in full.

Oh yes, by the time he was finished, my eyes had glazed over; my brain had turned to liquid and was sloshing about between my ears, and I was about as vacant as the persicon the hero found thrown out with the trash. :angry:

Streuth. If ever I get that obsessed kindly shoot me ...it would be a kindness. :angry:

Lol usually it's someone taling about Trek that has that effect on me :)

Or young mums and the first yr of the babies life...

Good to see you feel the antidote is some light banter with hte boys (and girls) at MMMV :D

T.

^^^LOL! :P

I thought this was just the place to share that story!

I can sympathise with the young mums thing.........really and truly.........I was a young mum myself once but even I knew that tales of crying, wee~wee, posset and poo~poos definately has a short shelf~life! :blink: Certainly as far as I was concerned, and I did try to introduce political discussions into my mums & babes group ~ they all kind of stared at me and went straight back to discussing nursing pads and colic.

:angry:

Needless to say....they still are friends together and yours truly hasn't seen any of them in a very long time!

:P

Anyway, in case anybody was wondering.....I'm busy endeavouring to have the last word in two discussions with ST:E over at TU...old habits don't die, they just move elsewhere. ;)

^^^Don't...do...the...internet...search...

...at...least...not..without...full...life...support...on...standby! :P

Try this......

Robotic girlfriend falls in love with nerd...

Okay...that was seven words...

But that's all you're probably going to want to know....... ;)

EDIT: ^^^Well, spookily enough....I just put "chobits" through my search engine and the first link up was a UK website, chobits.org.uk, but when I clicked on it I got a very strange error message that read something like "Access denied, server understood the request but could not fulfil it. Authorisation should not be sought and request should not be repeated!"

How very bizarre ~ has anyone ever seen a message like that before??? :blink:

Anyway, there are a load of sites out there for this ~ if anyone really wants to know more.

• 1 month later...

Tokyopop's Star Trek Manga arrives in stores this week. Thinking about giving it a try, Jules?

I'm undecided. Manga's like anything else; some's good, some isn't. If the stories are entertaining, I can suffer through some piss-poor visuals but even I have my limits. I'll probably flip through one when I get a chance and read some online reviews before committing my $9.99.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^Well.....oh God....Oh streuth......

don't bother!! :o

There are some samples of the artwork here on Startrek.com

http://www.startrek.com/custom/exclude/giv...anga/detail.jsp

.....they made Kirk look like leonardo DiCaprio and McCoy looks like he's chewing a wasp..... :blink::blink: