UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disassembly of Minimate Legs?

I realize that in most cases (if not all perhaps) there'd be no reason to take apart minimate legs as the body parts are standard with different paint or detail applications but im curious to know if any of you have taken the legs apart at the knee section?

If so did you use the usual boiled water method?

How much give (flexibility) do the legs have ?

Thanks for the reply BannersID :D

I came back to this thread to delete as right after posting it i took one apart.

Surprisingly easy and much less fragile than i thought it would be (in fact not fragile at all). The temp in the room is pretty warm though so im sure that helped.

This just made me dig minimates even more. In a perfect world you wouldnt need tools to customize figures lol.

Customiser, I'm surprised you didn't post this in the Customs section. That would have been the logical place to start.

I'm going to move it down there in the hopes that some of your fellow customisers can also impart some advice.

Rad,

My bad :D

It crossed my mind multiple times and i was going to add a "If this is in the wrong section mods please move it." pre post line but i thought "...well...im not really showing off a custom so i guess its 'everything else' ".

Lesson: follow your gut lol

Thanks

the joint is held in place with a pin that locks the two halves together. just pry it apart (gently) and it should pop apart and then pop back together when your ready

Yep :D

Id only add what BannersID said previously...a bit of warmth wouldnt hurt (not enough to make it extremely flexible..just enough to not cause it to snap while pulling/prying).

Is there any chance someone could post pics of the deconstructed legs? I've got a pretty good idea, but a visual would be a great deal of help. Also, how are you prying it apart? Are tweezers being used or am I just completely confused?