UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Com

remember Star Com? (remember anything form the late 80's?) well the neat gimmick with this toy was that all the figures had had magnets on their feet. well I was digging through my old toys and found these and thought, "hey would a minimate fit in here?" well as the pictures show yes they do:

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

I decided to post this here because the BSG soldiers look really cool.

for more information on starcom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcom:_The_U.S._Space_Force

Sweet :) - just when I thought nothing was the perfect scale for minimates!

Oh course you realize if you pick up some tiny 5mm round magnets and put em in the mini's feet you could take advantage of the magnet features :D

T.

Is it just me, or does that REALLY look like a Colonial Viper?

It's just you... ;)

Looks more like the cheesy Space Shuttle at the beginning of the 80's Buck Rogers tv series to me!

Buck Rogers minimates... who doesn't want their own :wub: Wilma Deering :wub: minimate?

T.

Wow, those look great. I doubt that you would be able to find them in England now though. :(

It's just you... ;)

Looks more like the cheesy Space Shuttle at the beginning of the 80's Buck Rogers tv series to me!

Buck Rogers minimates... who doesn't want their own :wub: Wilma Deering :wub: minimate?

T.

"B-dee, b-dee, b-dee...keep dream'n Buck."

(I'd still buy'em though! ;])

Actually, the 'lil 6-wheel rover does look a little bit like the "mini-rovers" (not the Land Rams) they used in the classic BSG though. *sigh* Now I'm depressed again about the limbo-state of original BSG 'mates. C'mon DST, give me a reason to desperately need these Star Com rovers!

Ok you must be looking for me ...and im going to bite lol.

GET OUT OF MY MIND. I *just* put down a Minimate after testing it in a Starcom Shadow Force tank. It wouldnt fit inside the tanks seating area (front) but i hadnt placed it in my Starmax (the ship you have). I naturally assumed if the Minimate heads were to big for the tank driver compartment then they wouldnt fit anything else.

Ive thought to myself ..oh..at least 10 times that Starcom really reminded me of Battle Star Galactica. Yes there are differences but something about the style of the toys (& show) strike me as similar so much that ive pretty much taken to considering my Starcom items BSG items.

Oh course you realize if you pick up some tiny 5mm round magnets and put em in the mini's feet you could take advantage of the magnet features

Ive got 50 magnets for just this purpose.

Its not just you :D Ive said that countless times (especially when ive watched them in action in the anime series).

Starcom = damn near the best toy line ever created.

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a couple of these. I got the ship from your pictures, and a little tank like thing, that can open to be bigger. Minimates don't quite fit in the cockpit of the tank one, but I got a little Starcom man to drive it, and have minimates in the gunner parts. :P

I know it's out of continuity, but it increases the playability value of minimates, which for me is what they are for.

• 1 month later...