UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

variants...

smackman

I'm trying to complete my minimate collection and I'm only a few short. I just recently found out that there is a blue tinted iceman variant. I know about the variation of Cap included with the avengers 2 dvd and the blue suit professor x target exclusive. Are there any other repaints/variations besides these 3??? I'm not talking simple differences like darker paint applications, but actual varaitions that make the figure legitimately different.

smackman, you might start with the checklist you can find here: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=2037. Scroll to the end of the thread for the latest version. Then, if you have questions on what you find in there, each forum has a definitive list as a sticky thread. Plus www.minimatescentral.com and www.minimatedatabase.com are excellent resources.

Off the top of my head, "ringed ankles" Iron Man from the Ult Avengers DVD and the holiday exclusive Spider-Man and Cylon come to mind. There might be a couple more...

We had a thread about this once, but I'm not sure where it went. *cues someone with link available*

Best of my recollection, the character variations from the numerous rereleases via retail outlets includes:

The before mentioned Professor X, Iceman, and Captain America.

Ultimate Avengers 2 Iron Man with more detail lines on his legs.

Dark Phoenix with darker shades of red.

Ghost Rider with different shades of fire (normal release and TRU 10-pack release)

Mr. Fantastic with and without C3 feet (normal release and TRU 10-pack release)

Hulk with slightly different tampo design and color shades (Ultimate Avengers 2)

Giant Sized Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, and Cyclops with C3 feet (Target)

Darktide Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, and Juggernaut with new facial expressions.

One could argue that the Marvel Knights Daredevil and Ghost Rider are repaints, but I consider them separate figures as much as I consider New Avengers Captain America different than regular Captain America.

Basically, the only true variants are the Darktide figures, the Ultimate Avengers Cap and Iron Man, Target Iceman, and Target Professor X. The rest are simple paint variations or updated parts.

Okay, so that clears things up a bit. Thanks a lot for the replies. I also should have mentioned I only collect the marvel and DC mates. oops... I saw a pic of the Ultimate Avengers Iron Man. That's too subtle a difference to be considered a variant to me. I suppose the only ones I need are the blue suit professor x and Ultimate Avengers Cap then.:)

Thanks again!!

We had a thread about this once, but I'm not sure where it went. *cues someone with link available*

Best of my recollection, the character variations from the numerous rereleases via retail outlets includes:

The before mentioned Professor X, Iceman, and Captain America.

Ultimate Avengers 2 Iron Man with more detail lines on his legs.

Dark Phoenix with darker shades of red.

Ghost Rider with different shades of fire (normal release and TRU 10-pack release)

Mr. Fantastic with and without C3 feet (normal release and TRU 10-pack release)

Hulk with slightly different tampo design and color shades (Ultimate Avengers 2)

Giant Sized Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, and Cyclops with C3 feet (Target)

Darktide Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, and Juggernaut with new facial expressions.

One could argue that the Marvel Knights Daredevil and Ghost Rider are repaints, but I consider them separate figures as much as I consider New Avengers Captain America different than regular Captain America.

Basically, the only true variants are the Darktide figures, the Ultimate Avengers Cap and Iron Man, Target Iceman, and Target Professor X. The rest are simple paint variations or updated parts.

Wait, what was the difference with the Ultimate Avengers Cap, other than the stupid mask that was lined up wrong?

Or was that the 'variant'?

People can have all sorts of interesting tendencies whether they be pugilistic or paranoid, empathic or communist. How did I get stuck with librarian tendencies?

Not sure... maybe some time you should go look that up then catagorize and alphabetize it though... just to be sure :)

T.

Sure, sure. Torment the guy with the librarian-related disability. :D

Basically it's the bottom of the packs and the associated UPCs that are different.

Target:

pack0131b_lg.jpg

Wave 9:

pack0033b_lg.jpg

The only other minor difference I can see is the extra carriage return between "Blade" and "2 Inch Mini Collectible" on the Target version.

Target left, Wave 9 right:

pack0131l_lg.jpgpack0033l_lg.jpg

TBT, amusingly enough the list was actually in alphabetical order originally. But I figured I'd move 'communist' to the end for maximum impact. Damn dirty Ruskies! :)