UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Newbie looking for answers

Hello, I am karamazov80, and I am a Minimates-aholic. It all began earlier this year, when the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold Minimates were released. That Blue Beetle is my absolute favorite comic character, so, I bought it, and thought nothing of it, except that I was glad to have him in figure form (his other DC Direct figure still eludes me, as I can't justify its outrageous price), and with his best buddy no less.

Then, I got him home, and thought they were kind of cool, y'know, for little Lego-guys. Then I noticed something. You could take off their helmets, and they had faces underneath, and extra hair? And their accessories, they were removable. And they had all this articulation. . .and detail. . .I was hooked. And they were so small and awesome. This was what I always wanted in a toy, though I never knew it. So, I went back to the comics shop later in the week and bought some more. Then I bought more, and more, and more. And now, I have many, and am always getting more.

P1010049.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

So here I am, I accept what I can not change, that I am destined to spend my money on these things for as long as they are manufactured. Please help me. Tell me that I can be fixed. Please. . .please. . . :(

Hello, I am karamazov80, and I am a Minimates-aholic. It all began earlier this year...,

... Please help me. Tell me that I can be fixed. Please. . .please. . . :(

Personally I don't see anything that needs fixing there, perfectly normal sane behaviour... ;)

Of course I've been a mate-aholic for nearly 3 years now and there are little signs of recovery...

Welcome to the Forums, if we can't cure your soul then we can at least sooth your worries and that you are in good company.

T.

ms, if we can't cure your soul then we can at least sooth your worries and that you are in good company.

T.

Well. . .if that's the best I can hope for, then I guess I will make due. Thanks for the support.

Sometimes, when I think of the money I have spent on these guys I wish I had never begun and gotten addicted, but then I see their smiling faces looking up at me and I can't stay mad at them.

What can I say, I love the little things, and thats not gonna change for a long time.

Hello, I am karamazov80, and I am a Minimates-aholic. It all began earlier this year...,

Personally I don't see anything that needs fixing there, perfectly normal sane behaviour... ;)

Of course I've been a mate-aholic for nearly 3 years now and there are little signs of recovery...

This coming from a guy who puts a u in behavior. Tim have you gone Brit on us all the sudden?

Hey Karamazov80(gottafirgureawayofshorteningthatwithoutcallingyouKara) welcome to the funhouse!

This coming from a guy who puts a u in behavior. Tim have you gone Brit on us all the sudden?

Always have been! despite living 'over here' on and off for a few years B)

Sadly it's true though that my spelling is a beautiful hodgepodge of US & UK spelling depending on the cycles of the moon and which key my finger in nearest at the time. ;)

T.

Hey Karamazov80(gottafirgureawayofshorteningthatwithoutcallingyouKara) welcome to the funhouse!

Hang on a minute. You lot spell Behaviour 'behavior'?

You damn colonials have gone too far. Give us back our language before you break it for good! ;)

Welcome aboard Karamazov80.

I'm sadly the same way - going into debt over mini figurines! Welcome to this group of fellow obsessives.

BTW: What are those stands you are using on them?

BTW: What are those stands you are using on them?

Those are those poster mounting pads that you can find at Office Depot. They're very sturdy, and when you want to switch minimates around, they keep their stickiness pretty good. You just cut them into 4 pieces, and voila, minimate stands! They are pretty cheap, too. Of course, not as cheap as their elevated cardboard display. That was made from an old box, so it was free!!

Oooo, thank you! I have a whole tape dispenser worth of 3M poster mounting tape, so even my minimate collection should be covered. I've been using museum putty, but it works better for holding damaged parts together (not as neat looking as superglue, but this way some poseability is preserved. Great idea, I'll have to try it out.