UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Other minifigures with at least Minimate articulation?

Im played with the idea of putting together a "History of the Mini Figure (2.5'' or smaller)" type of database but after searching for so long i wasnt all that impressed lol. What id like to know for my own knowledge though is if there are any other 2.5 '' or smaller figures that have at least minimate articulation (or a minimum of 10pts. of articulation). They dont have to be block figures.

MiniMates

Stikfas

Nanomen

Shockini's

Mega Bloks (the new figures)

Any others?

PALz, now retired

CreataMen, the new incarnation of PALz, but currently only available through a game called "Get Bit"

Cuboyds, Stikfas warped cousins

Cubes, mass market office sarcasm

Dragon Models Mini Figures, like Playmobil with more joints, now retired

Smiti, not blocks, now retired

Myclone, retired Japanese line featuring Micronauts and Transformers

Geoms, retired line that only covered "Pulp Fiction"

at the 10-point barrier (which I wouldn't consider 'Mate level):

DeQue, never imported to the US, but really quite impressive in their articulation

I-Men

Be aware the Nanomen never made it into production.

Techincally, this listing and yours are for figures 3" and shorter. Stikfas and Shockinis hover around 3" tall. Sample Chart :)

Have fun.

Oh that Chart is completely my style lol. I have similar pics with that type of information saved but not specifically block figures. NICE work.

I suppose Exo-Squad figures could be added to the list then as they arent block but are 3'' tall like some of te block figures and have a minimum of 10 pts. of articulation. The search continues.

Thanks Cappy ;-)

P.S. I was thinking of the 2.5'' Stikfas Delta Boy. Im not sure if Kini's put out a 2.5'' or shorter figure...

P.S. I was thinking of the 2.5'' Stikfas Delta Boy. Im not sure if Kini's put out a 2.5'' or shorter figure...

Oy! Delta Boy! How could I have forgotten about him? Oh, the work is never done...

Cappy I like how you say "retired". As if the companies didn't fold or lose intrest. It is a much nicer way of saying the line is dead.

Now you've gone and said it. :( Remember: Cappy's World is a happy world. Nobody dies, they just get knocked out or retire. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose Exo-Squad figures could be added to the list then as they arent block but are 3'' tall like some of te block figures and have a minimum of 10 pts. of articulation. The search continues.

EXO-Squad! Oh man those were some cool toys. back in the day those were awesome. I would not consider them block figures but I would consider them cool. I did not think anyone still remembered that show. wow!

EXO-Squad! Oh man those were some cool toys. back in the day those were awesome. I would not consider them block figures but I would consider them cool. I did not think anyone still remembered that show. wow!

Oh HELL yeah. That line was everything an action figure line was supposed to be..and the anime was top notch as well (great writing for that show). I have the entire animated series & watch an episode whenever i can on the PC.

The figs were not far from the 2.5'' mark and looked like real , proportional human figurines to boot.

What could have been...

*opens up media player to watch an episode*

Oh HELL yeah. That line was everything an action figure line was supposed to be..and the anime was top notch as well (great writing for that show). I have the entire animated series & watch an episode whenever i can on the PC.

The figs were not far from the 2.5'' mark and looked like real , proportional human figurines to boot.

What could have been...

Could you please post a pic?

What could have been...

where did you find the epsiodes it has been like 10 years since that show was on, and i really want to make sure it lives up to what i remember.

edit: I just looked them up on U-tub and they have some. isn't technology grand!