UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Japanese Blind-packed boxes!

Those are neat I ordered one to see what they look like in person. Say Mr. Excitable are micromen any good? I've been thinking of getting a batman one or one of the superman ones coming out. Too bad the Spiderman one didn't pan out.

At the risk of steering this off course, Micromen are pretty cool to look at in pictures and really poseable too, but I've never bought one. When I come to look at them in the shops the joints are always too visible, and there's usually something I'd rather spend money on. On the generic Micromen Takara are far too fond of using vac metalized parts, which just make them look cheap to me. If you want to know more PM so we don't steer this topic off course.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You review whore! My favourite Microman to look at is the Godzilla one. It's a normal Microman that comes with a rubber suit to make a truly authentic Godzilla.

Anyway, I went to a different Toys R Us Yesterday. At first I couldn't find the SFII 'mates, but then I spotted them trying to hide. Here's some photos...

StreetFighterIIJapaneseMinimates08.jpg

Buses, police cars, mini-busts, sports cars, booby mythical creatures, where are they?!? Ah, between the Hot Rod cars and the booby mythical creatures - where else?

Is that all there is? The other Toys R Us had hundreds. Could this store have nearly sold out already? Or have they only put a few out because of limited shelf-space? Or did they only order a case or two because they weren't sure they'd sell? Your guess is as good as mine.

StreetFighterIIJapaneseMinimates09.jpg

Wait! Where did they go! They were here a minute ago!

StreetFighterIIJapaneseMinimates10.jpg

Bless! They've jumped into my basket. 14 happy Minimates ready to fly around the world and share the joy!

I'll PM those who asked for some in the next couple of days with further details.

I just find it amazingly cool that the price tags on the shelves are the same as any other TRUs, even in Japan!

I bet the layout's the same too!

Great pics Mr E, very cool seeing what a Japanese TRU has (or had) on its shelves :)

Thank you for the heads-up on the scene in Japan.

I'm a little surprised that the AFX and Previews "exclusive" variants made their way into the blind-box assortment. The bottom line is that buying one of these cases would have the same number of figures as a US case - but you'd be gaining all the "exclusive" variants as well. I wonder what the ratios are for 1P/2P within the case.

I'm also surprised I didn't come across this on the japanese toy blogs. Then again, they mostly focus on bishoujo stuff ;)

However, unless they are 'hidden' (not listed on the box), Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma wouldn't be in there.

Wow. Thanks for the shopping trip, Mr E, that was fun! What a treat to see what a Japanese TRU is like.

I am so glad I'm not a packaging completist. That said, I'll probably have to score one just because... :rolleyes:Mr E, is there room in your recent purchases for me, just a single box?

I've got a lot of hope in this move by DST/AA. If miniMates can get recognition based not on their licenses but on the figure itself, who knows what we might see! And blind-box sales in Japan is a great step on that road. So the superhero lines wouldn't sell in Asia, I'll believe that, but here's to new, Asian original lines for miniMates!

Okay, If I can nab the entire set (what is that? 12 figures? 13?) Then I will buy it. So, ya know, if every one ends up getting extras, I'm willing to buy thm off you.

(Yeah, I know. I'm a pack rat, always picking up other people's unwanteds)

pics of a case

sf2case02kz4.th.jpg

Also, these blind boxes are not sealed that well, just a little piece of tape. One piece of tape even came off when I was peeling the invetory sticker off.

Was that box in the middle rotated when you opened the box? If so, is it the chase figure? Just a hunch...

Also, you're right about the tape, although the Toys R Us here have sealed them more here. They do it with all blind-packed toys here to stop people peeking!

pics of a case

sf2case02kz4.th.jpg

Also, these blind boxes are not sealed that well, just a little piece of tape. One piece of tape even came off when I was peeling the invetory sticker off.

Was that box in the middle rotated when you opened the box? If so, is it the chase figure? Just a hunch...

Also, you're right about the tape, although the Toys R Us here have sealed them more here. They do it with all blind-packed toys here to stop people peeking!

All the boxes are just as they were when I opened the case. I had the same thoughts on the rotated one, which it one of the reasons that I know the tape comes off easily. And no it wasn't the chase.