UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So, would anyone else kill for keychain Minimates?

twee

Ever since I bought my very first box of 'Mates and found my precious Captain America in there, I've thought, "man, it would be 31 flavors of awesome to have this jangling next to my car keys." Of course, that was a few years ago, and during that time my interest in Minimates eventually waned a bit. All these stupid Spider-Man and X-Men Waves weren't exactly helping the situation either; I was almost certain the next Wave was going to be a Wolverine Wave, with nothing but Wolverine variations.

Anyway, thanks to Comic-Con, my interest in 'Mates has been rekindled, and with that, so has my desperation for keychain versions of Minimates. I just bought the Marvel Zombies Box Set, and of course, my eyes settled on the Captain America figure, easily the best of the bunch, slightly edging out Wasp's head. And once again I thought I would absolutely murder to get this brilliantly detailed toy next to my keys, always in my pocket. Or even better, it could be attached to a zipper on my backpack, or, if you're crazy enough, kooky earrings!

After searching this forum I saw that someone did try a variation with that by pretty much drilling an eye-hook into the top of a 'Mates's head, and I would be lying if I said I didn't have that exact same idea just a couple hours ago. Problem is, I'm terribly uncreative and incomprehensibly lazy, not to mention quite clumsy, so it'd be great if Art Asylum miraculously answered my prayers and delivered.

So yeah, please tell me I'm not the only crazy dude here that wants a tiny Iron Man in their pocket.

I wouldn't necessarily kill for them, but it's not a bad idea. I used little self-screwing eyelets to turn some Wallace & Gromit PVC figures into Christmas ornaments, so I'm sure you could do it with Minimates. To make sure the Minimates' parts don't go flying everywhere, I'd glue certain joints, like the waist, wrists, and ankles.

I wouldn't necessarily kill for them, but it's not a bad idea. I used little self-screwing eyelets to turn some Wallace & Gromit PVC figures into Christmas ornaments, so I'm sure you could do it with Minimates. To make sure the Minimates' parts don't go flying everywhere, I'd glue certain joints, like the waist, wrists, and ankles.

when I made my keychain mate, all I did was put a piece of scotch tape half way around the waist pag to keep it snug but still move. All the other parts are nice and tight anyway so nothing has been lost... and my 2.5 year old plays with it all the time.

BS