UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

taskmaster minimate

arnim zola

everytime I see the taskmaster I am both happy and sad.

happy:an avenger villian in mate form

happy:he has a lot of weapons

sad:He is reusing the crappiest cape available

The cape has always been part of that classic look. It hides his face in the dark and makes him creepy to look at. for anyof you who saw the taskmaster in the last half of civil war, or the arc he wqas in in the moon knight book, then I think you may agree that that is how the minimate should look. Im not complaining about his face being too low on his head just yet, becausee for those of you who didnt notice, they took a sticker of the rough tampo and put it on a blank, black head and photoshopped MOST of the lines out for the official pics they released. you can tell if you look at the border of his face for less than a minute.

So, my question to you guys is, if they cheap out on us and give us that doom cape, what are you going to do? I would either buy an extra spectre, or hobgoblin, and airbrush the cape white and use that. It would probably be the spectre though since I would want to save an extra hobgoblin for a demogoblin. So yeah, White spectre cape anybody?

I will probs do the same, if I can find a Spectre. Then you'd need to drill a hole in it for this sword and sheath.

I'm too lazy for anything more than a quick-custom, so I won't be changing it.

Personally I've always prefered UDON Taskmaster... in the modern Blue and White costume, from the Deadpool/Agent X Series. I'd love to see him and Deadpool in a 2-Pack, with Agent X as the variant.

Mostly because reading Deadpool and Agent X was when I first got acquianted with the character... I was always an X-Book person. Never read Avengers growing up (do now though) so I wasn't familiar with him before then. So to me at least, the blue costume is like "classic" Taskmaster... even though I'm perfectly aware that too the rest of the world it's the other way around.

Definitely using an extra Spectre hood and cape to replace that dated, pose-prohibiting piece of crap. I do understand why they used it considering that the classic version is an amalgam of other heroes/villans and he did in fact use a Doomish-cape. I may slice-off Doom's clasp and attach it to the Spectre cape to make it more authentic though. Man, I love that Spectre cape (I need another for a Shroud custom I'm working on)! If and when they get around to doing Moon Knight, he better be sporting this two-piece beauty.

yeah, moon knight is a hard character to get into at first. I really like finch's art so that helped, and I have a thing for obscure characters, like purple man and arnim zola, or moon knight or the midnight sons.

I like how taskmaster got his ass whomped by sue storm. HAHAHAHAHA