silver surfer and thanos 2 pack question

fearsom

silver surfer board pegs  

38 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the board should have pegs or not

• yes i do think they should have
    • no i prefer this way

i just got a silver surfer with thanos 2 pack off of amazon.com

and now i am kinda mad because they gave the surfer little holes on his feet feet but no pegs on the board is any one else think they should have done that or prefer how it is now

the board was a reuse from the original surfer mold when the character was first produced. the later version that came with thanos was after the introduction of the "c3" feet (as danny dubbed them) which allows for the figure to be posed with lego and other block-type accessories.

they would have had to recast the mold for the board, which wouldnt have been very cost effective.

I think the board should have at least one peg so that you can attach him to the board and then position the other foot however you like. I just don't like only being to stand him on his board on a flat surface without using some other manner to attach him to the board.

Would the pegs on the board then classify it as a vehicle?

Without the pegs the most he can do is hold the board. Yes he can stand on it, but cannot be attached to it thus making it an accessory instead of a vehicle.

I think that is why pegs were left off the board even after the newer releases.

......But if the New Goblin's board has pegs, my whole theory is blown out of the water.

We haven't seen Harry Goblin's board without it's owner, but Marty McFly blows your theory out the water as the packaged shots of the first Back to the Future set show Marty's skateboard features a peg. Clearly the BTTF license doesn't include any vehicle restrictions ad DST had no problems making it ridable then.

We haven't seen Harry Goblin's board without it's owner, but Marty McFly blows your theory out the water as the packaged shots of the first Back to the Future set show Marty's skateboard features a peg. Clearly the BTTF license doesn't include any vehicle restrictions ad DST had no problems making it ridable then.

LOL, this is a joke right?

They can't make figures for marvel that are higher the 2" and they also cannot make vehicles for marvel.

Please know your facts before you argue my point

yeah, you got it. i kind of flew off the handle there. bad day, sorry. :P

but i agree that the goblin flyer is always seen with the new goblin, but from what i saw in SDCC photos it does not look like it has pegs in it. Is there anybody here that went to SDCC or WWC that could varify as to wether or not the glider has pegs?

I hope you'll see where I'm going with this but I also collect Kubricks Marvel Series'. I mention them only because they are similar in stature to Minimates (3") & are a Marvel license(or is it licence). The latest FF2 Silver Surfer has pegs & Hobgoblin has a vehicle as does Prof.X in earlier versions. I have always understood why Marvel doesn't allow 'mates to have vehicles,although I don't like the fact,but then ....prof X has a wheelchair? I suppose the Surfer could carry his board under his arm & re-incarnate himself as the 'Silver Boardcarrier'. Its not so daft really ,we could have 'Ghost PusherofHog' as well .

I have always understood why Marvel doesn't allow 'mates to have vehicles,although I don't like the fact,but then ....prof X has a wheelchair?

you know how bad marvel would get sued for trying to call a wheelchair a vehicle? haha the press would have a field day.

although I do agree with all the points you made =)

a wheelchair is more of an extension of a handicapped person than a vehicle and the word board implies that it is a board. and hardly counts as a vehicle. So I can understand how they got away with that.

Also, the marvel movie license is a totally different contract. So they can do stuff there that they cant in the marvel comic line.

Super glue and a single lego peg painted silver worked for me, it can work for you too. Im going to do the same for my goblin glider (kubricks).