UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Minimate Inspired Toyline?

well,i dont think that these will sell well at all.

on friday i went up to the booth and they said i was their first person to tlk to them all week except for a fat guy in a wheel chair asking where the bathroom was,i think thats a lie personnaly but they could have done well, they were kind of like cheap knockoffs trying to charge a crazy price and nudge their way into the designer toy industry...

Well, the figures are okay, I guess. But unless they get some licensed characters, I don't really see these taking off. The vehicles might have minimate potential, depending on size, styling & features.

Well, the figures are okay, I guess. But unless they get some licensed characters, I don't really see these taking off.

Sigh. The whole point is that they are NOT licensed - these are made by their creator, in his vision, for the sake of making toys that are fun and original. They are not supposed to take off - they are meant to be played with and enjoyed. I don't mean to attack you, but I think you've completely missed the point.

These are more influenced by Micromen anyway. I really want some. The DX and Toybuzz are lit up about these guys right now.

I saw these, these are really interesting. I'm actually more fascinated by the "we do production prototypes" part on their page. Amazing.

As for the toys themselves, who knows. Xevoz were all original design and those were amazing. I still can't believe they crashed. >.>

wait i just read the deal on their website about toy production,huh you think we could do minimates through them if we talked to dst?

:blink: NO.... :blink:

Minimates are a trademarked which means DST ( I'm assuming it's DST now after the 'merged' with AA) own minimates in every way shape and form so there is absolutely no reason to go to another toy company except DST for anything minimate related without firstly pissing people off and more importantly doing something very likely illegal.

T.

wait i just read the deal on their website about toy production,huh you think we could do minimates through them if we talked to dst?

:blink: NO.... :blink:

Minimates are a trademarked which means DST ( I'm assuming it's DST now after the 'merged' with AA) own minimates in every way shape and form so there is absolutely no reason to go to another toy company except DST for anything minimate related without firstly pissing people off and more importantly doing something very likely illegal.

T.

Yeah, oddly enough that question comes up a lot. And equally enough but less oddly the answer is always the same. N.O. :rolleyes:

I have been reading up on these guys. I think they are really cool and I would tottaly buy them, IF thye were not 10 bucks a pop! think about from that price you could get 2 minimates. Maybe if they come down in price I would think about it. I really like the idea that they are not licensed characters and so off the wall.

I recall reading about these and seeing pictures of whats shown on TNI and additonal figures on another forum roughly a year ago. I never thought he would attempt to promote these ( as opposed to his own fun creations).

They are definitely unique / eye catching (and someone mentioned designer toys..yep..that sounds about right applied here) . I wish the guy luck..