UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Characters created in the DC Series 52 in Wave 8..

The Vox

(let me preface this with a: Duh, the door was never closed on random DC characters) :P

For a while I was thinking DC was going ALL classic Golden and Silver age characters with their waves and I was totally stoked because IMO they are the most iconic versions of most characters.. plus we have been re-introduced to oldies like Ma Hunkle and others.. which has been fun to learn about. Of course as I looked at the waves I realized characters like OMAC are pretty modern and seem to be sprinkled in here and there.. Then with the announcement of wave 8 we see two characters that were really introduced (in this form) within the past year.. making them a very modern version of their two respective characters. Tho I'm not a huge fan of either character, I did read 52 and enjoyed the parts they played in it.. This made me think, "Well heck, why not Supernova?". He was an interesting character that had many speculating as to his identity and he looks great in action figure form in the latest 52 Action Figure series... and I think he would look AWESOME as a minimate!!!!

I guess to make a long post short, I am just really pleased with how the DCD Minimates seem to have NO LIMITS as to what characters they pull from for the line. More and more and more they are surprising me and showing that ANYONE is possible. :)

For those of you not familiar with Supernova.. Not sure how to link the actual photo. Some help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_%28comics%29

Vox