UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BTTF - Wave Two

these have started to hit LCS's [in the Philippines, as well, where i am]. i picked up a set just for the Doc, for customization purposes; i'll be trading the others [plug!] although i'm sorely tempted to keep at least one Marty [hooray hoverboard!] ... i'm going to get my BTTF fix by picking up the first 4-pack for keeping.

forgive the blurry pics :D

01102008246vm8.th.jpg01102008249zf4.th.jpg01102008250je6.th.jpg

01102008251jy6.th.jpg01102008252ec2.th.jpg

not really much more than a day or two, if they're not out yet already. i think we get comic-book-store-ordered comics and figures and stuff around the same times. :D incidentally, the second exclusive 2-pack also arrived in stores .

also, it's a sculpted head for the Doc. with teeny holes in the cheek [along the smile-lines, nice touch that keeps the holes from being too obvious] for clipping on his silver shades. sadly it doesn't seem like you can clip them on his forehead like he wears them a lot in the movie. :D

Series Two is in fact out on the West Coast, got mine yesterday (along with the George McFly 2-pack).

Yes, Doc's head is sculpted. BUT, an important distinction: he has a flat cranium, rather than the balding dome we've seen in prototypes. So he fits into the MiniMates look, you just can't pull his hair off.

Or, we could post pics here. ;)

And because I'm feeling lazy this week, I decided to interpret "detailed pics" as pictures without accessories. Which is mostly jackets this time around; there's a lot of them. There are plenty fully-clothed pictures posted elsewhere, including at MMHQ.

As a bonus, I rolled in the recent 2-packs also, which is bound to confuse people. :D

I put Marty in a model's pose so you can see the excellent detailing on his sneakers.

BttF2%20Martyspy%20less.jpg

BttF2%20Biff85%20less.jpg

BttF2%20Martyfuture%20less.jpg

BttF2%20Doc%20less.jpg

BttF%20Prom1%20Martyrockin%20less.jpg

BttF%20Prom1%20Lorraine%20less.jpg

BttF%20Prom2%20George%20less.jpg

BttF%20Prom2%20Marty55%20less.jpg

They look great, gotta say that i'm lovin' these BTTF mates. The BTTF2 looks to be another must have.

:thumbsup:

Will these be arriving at comic shops soon?

What I'm finding a real bummer is that a lot of the comic shops around me are not getting BTTF (or BSG, Rocky, 24 or ST, for that matter) because they are not "comic book" licenses. Lots of DC and Marvel, but none of the other DST licenses.

I'd like DST to be able to find a reliable conduit like Suncoast/FYE or TRU or someone who is interested in all of their lines, and not just the superheroes. As it is, Suncoast carries a few, but it's far from the nice assortment of mates that we've seen lately.

I've had to resort to internet orders for most, but I really hate to get hammered with the xtra shipping - especially when that money could be spent on more mates.

Will these be arriving at comic shops soon?

What I'm finding a real bummer is that a lot of the comic shops around me are not getting BTTF (or BSG, Rocky, 24 or ST, for that matter) because they are not "comic book" licenses. Lots of DC and Marvel, but none of the other DST licenses.

I'd like DST to be able to find a reliable conduit like Suncoast/FYE or TRU or someone who is interested in all of their lines, and not just the superheroes. As it is, Suncoast carries a few, but it's far from the nice assortment of mates that we've seen lately.

I've had to resort to internet orders for most, but I really hate to get hammered with the xtra shipping - especially when that money could be spent on more mates.

If it makes you feel ANY better...

If I want minimates at my LCS I have to ask them to order them for me specifically. Nobody else (except for some new guy who acts like an asshole and just started expressing interest) buys them or has bought them since the Marvel wave that had Cable/Bishop.

Which means I have to buy a case of DC and Marvel if I want them at all. They sell them to me at a discount since they know they'd be losing business if they didn't, but it still stinks to not be able to hope they'll get a new set automatically. That's why I haven't gotten any of the Rocky sets or all of the 24 ones. I might buy them offa the shelf to use the parts to supplement my Marvel/DC's... but I'm not a fan of either of the series, so I'm not going to special order them and then not dig 'em and be forced to buy them.

And if my LCS guy forgets to order them (like he's been doing lately)? I miss out until he remembers to order them. Which I don't like because I could buy them online and get 'em quicker than his slow butt can.

So what I'm longwindedly trying to say is... you're not the only one that doesn't find minimates with relative ease. It sucks.