UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers movie!

antacost

Awesome, I can't wait for this movie.

I wonder how story is going to go. Obviously they can't say the Bots were from Mars !?!?

Maybe they've been stationed there doing recon on Earth or something. Either way I hope it's more serious and dramatic.

Even though we don't get to see anyone transform, the Title transforming at the end was pretty dang cool and I'm sure that was put there as a little peak at what it's gonna look like.

Man, with Spidey 3, Pirates 3, and Transformers coming out next year, it's going to be a HOT summer. neo

You know I almost went nuts waiting for this. I've been wanting this ever since I was a kid. My first reaction was like on Galaxy Quest. "My God... It's real. It's really real..." Then I saw Bay's fat ol' name on the title and wanted to cry. :(

So far I'm really excited about this movie. It's already been said this movie will have a "stand alone" universe, not being G1 or any of the other "human related" lines. I was actually at Cannon AFB while the crews were shooting sceens at Holliman AFB (only a few hours away) so the friend I was visiting and I did a little info digging. It sounds like they are doing some very cool stuff with this. There are changes, and updates to the characters but it should still be a big shiney action movie with big explosions and giant robots. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alright... Apparently, yesterday there was a picture of Optimus that was leaked. It was supposed to have been online for around an hour. Who has it? I know one of you guys has it. I need to see it.

Please...

I don't have a picture of it but have one that's close ..

trucks_peterbilt_379.jpg

It just had smoother lines and was a black color with flames painted on it :rolleyes:

Should have looked more like this though <_<just my $.02 :P

_1152676073.jpg

linkage to story from Tuesday

*UPDATE* found a link with the picture

linkage

On a side rant, wtf is up with the companies not letting them use their vehicle? VW won't let them use the "bug" design for Bumblebee, instead they have to go with a different convertible design (Chevy Camaro). Did the same thing happen to Optimus, did Mack not let them use their truck so they went with a Peterbilt design instead? :huh: From what I've heard Megatron's going to be a tank. I'm just waiting for them to announce that Soundwave will be an iPod :rolleyes:

Wow, I'm torn. While I LOVE the new Camaro (in fact I'm thinking of getting one myself) I really hate they are turning little ol'Bumblebee into a Full Size Sports car. Hopefully they will pull it off without a problem.

In the end, I think anyone is a MORON for not signing on with Transformers the movie. Cars are one of the best items for product placement. Did anyone know much about an Audi TT until MI:2? What about a Ford Explorer......after Jurassic Park there were over 11 of them in my Neigborhood alone. VW is really going to miss out. neo

Yeah I agree with you neo, some of those car companies fools.

I heard quite a few of our favs were going to be different from the classic cars. Come on, how can Jazz not be a Porsche?

I always liked that their personalities were related to their non-robot form.

Some car company's have some wierd rules about their cars being used in movies/TV shows.

When the new beatle first came out, they only allowed it in movies. Use a compay's car too much for the badies vehicles, expcect a letter from said company asking why you are putting their product in a bad light. And then when you get involved in putting weapons on a vehicle, some companies just don't want their product given that type of image.

VW's position on being involved with the Transformer's was made a while back. Hasbro/Takara mocked up a prototype for the first Binaltech/Alternator figure in the line and presented technical drawings for two more. The response from VW was simply, we don't want to be involved with "war toys" please don't ask again. The proto was a Porshe (later redesigned as a Mazda RX-8), the drawings were of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper both as Beetles. So, the movie crew knew a long way out they were looking for a different vehicle.

The Camero is... odd. However I was most suprised about this Prime rumor, because up until now everything had been saying the vehicle would still be a flat nosed Frieghtliner.

• 1 month later...

So, is there a new trailer or clip? My wife of all people was telling me about this and whatever she saw, she liked it. Guess we're going to be seeing this, but considering I'll drag her to see Ghost Rider, I think it's only fair.

Best response from the above link:

All wrong

by talkbackgeek August 24th, 2006 09:44:55 AM CST

My childhood is not raped yet, but it's being felt up.

I'm with Luke on this, I wish they were more like the original designs but so far the new designs are pretty neat (Blackout looks really good). But, I'm not fond of Megatron's design, doesn't even look like a Transformer <_<

:(I miss the old school stuff :("Go Soundwave, it's your birthday" lol