UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Ultron Minimate "review"

I wasn't quite sure if I should put this here, or in the Marvel board. Anywho,

I've always wanted to see the final products of other customizers in person. (I consider Fujis, who will be recieving over a dozen customs for the charity project to be very lucky) Mainly to compare to my own, and just general curiosity. The opportunity finally came when I won the Movie Poster Contest, I recieved Luke314pi's Ultron custom! So naturally I want to review it.

As far a I can tell, this one is slightly different than his first custom shown on his website.

ultron.jpg

The quality overall is great. There's only a few places where you can tell the paint isn't quite factory, where you can see a brush stroke, and a couple of tiny chipped areas, probably from shipping. But this isn't a factory figure, and those things are just part of what makes a custom. Ultron blends in nearly seamlessly with other Minimates, and he loses no articulation or playability.

ultron2.jpg

The detail is amazing, the lines get surprisingly thin, the details wrap all the way around the figure, and it matches with what a real Minimate looks like, in terms of style. Very reminiscent of the Silver Surfer or Dr. Doom metallic details, while not copying directly. You can tell, if you get really close, that the black detail is done with a fine marker, but it's hardly distracting.

ultron3.jpg

Oh, and if you can't tell, this guy is really shiny!

This is very well done Luke, and I'm glad I could have this opportunity.

Apparently you're just good at reproducing things.

So Luke, I have to ask, as this thought came to me after seeing KGNINE's thread.

Was the point of the poster contest to scout out people who can help with the Minimate game? OR was that just a helpful result? :D