iPhone

neolego

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does the iphone have a camera? :blink:

if so how many pxels? :blink:

Yes and 2 megapixels. Plus no Video. The quality of the pics is quite good compared to other 2 mp camera phones.

btw that's interesting Leoric. Never thought of that but it still seems a bit silly.

Below is an engadget article talking about a ring tone tab, we'll see. It's a rumor so it isn't official.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/27/what-ha...-ringtones-tab/

Yeah, it has a 2.0 MP camera. The only downside is that it that it has no flash. However, after playing with phone regularly I can say that it takes awesome pictures even without flash. As long as you have decent light you will be fine. Outside pictures, by the way, are miraculous for a camera phone! neo

Welcome to the "other side".......the grass is nice over here ;)

Yeah, I look forward to the next firmware update myself, I'm really pulling for custom ringtones that don't cost $.99. neo

• 3 weeks later...

Um....Houston, we have a problem.....

So, I've been loving my iPhone, almost in a sinful way........I had to apologize to my wife last week ;). Anyway, I've put music, video, all my contacts, etc. However, I've only taken pictures on the phone, up until last night. Last night I tried to sync some photos from my PC and out of 35 pictures it only sync'd 7 and they are all distorded with streaky colors, etc. Can someone help, what did I do? neo

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else pissed that the 8GB iPhone just dropped $200..... I am.

Of course new comers won't be but, those who did buy them... Kinda sucks.

Hate to say it but Apple lost some major points with me today, and I've been diehard apple supporter for my entire computer using career.....

Am I the only that feels like I just got a switch kick to the crotch???

Thanks cloneme ;)

It does suck for those who have already purchsed it, but it was still worth $600.........though I'd like to have those extra $200. If apple was a decent company they would refund the users that have already bought the phone, or give us iTunes credit or something. But, we all know that will never happen.

On to another note, I still can't get pictures to work on my iPhone. Everytime I tranfer pictures they look at distored. Either the colors are wrong or they have streaks in them. Can someone please help me, I want pictures on my dang PHONE! :P . neo

I'm surprised by the price drop, you pay for having it first. This happens with everything. Just a bit surprised that price drop came so soon, I would have thought maybe around christmas time.

Right. I figured a 50-100 price drop 6 months down the line. NOT a $200 price drop 2 months later... BUT they aren't selling as well as Apple had hoped so it makes sense for them to lower the price a bit and sell more. They haven't even sold a million yet but they are supposed to this month. Good thing they had 3mil ready for drop date LOL.

Think a lot of people don't like that the iPhone is only tied to one network. In the UK it's going to be on 02 whom I won't touch with a shitty stick. So for the time being I'll stick with having a sony ericsson 850i and a 3rd gen iPod. Works for me.

"iPhone

Apple also announced it is lowering the price of the most popular iPhone model with 8GB of storage from $599 to just $399. Steve Jobs announced a new ringtone feature for the company's iTunes music store, allowing users to custom-make ringtones for the iPhone from available songs for 99 cents each." -property of www.Teamxbox.com

Isn't that the best news of the week?!?! Also head on to Teamxbox to hear about the new iPods comming out soon.

The i Pod touch looks sooo uber-cool!

I think the iphone seems okay. buuuuuut... my cell phone is my only phone. so I have a provider who supplys me with unlimited texts and minutes for $50-ish a month. and I could NEVER see myself paying that much for a phone, no matter how much cool shit it does.

the ipod touch looks alright

but I just bought a new 30 gig lol, and I am not going to shell out any more money. lol. plus I think the highest gig available announced for it so far is 16, which isn't enough. I have already used more than that on mine lol.

$100 Apple Store Credit to iPhone purchasers before the drop.

An open letter to iPhone owners from Steve Jobs

That's a very worthy gesture. I'd imagine he (jobs) filled his underwear when he became aware of the tide of resentment heading apples way. $100 dollars to spend in an apple store should go a long way to calming people down.

You can bet your arse that 1. The price cut won't come to Europe anytime soon, and... 2. That there won't be any financial recompense offered to disgruntled customers either. I love Apple products, I'm typing this on a 2nd Gen iMac and I'll be buying a new iMac and iPod sometime next year. But Apples customer support outside of the U.S. is absolutely appalling. Be thankful for what you've got kids.

Well, This will help my crotch feel a little better ;).

This is actually pretty cool. I still don't regret getting the iPhone early, because I've loved every minute of it, but this is a great show of loyalty and honesty from Jobs/Apple and I think it is to be comended. In fact, just a day ago I said something to the effect of getting iTunes credit but never believed it would happen. This is actually better than that and it's true. I was always a happy iPhone owner but now I'm a "Pleased" iPhone that paid too much :D. neo

No one seems to be able to help me with my picture issues, so I have a new question.

For those of you who convert videos, what program do you use. I currently use Videora iPhone Converter. The thing is, sometimes it works and sometimes it does. Example: A few days ago, I put 6 episodes of a TV show in the log to be converted. I came back a few hours later and while there were files for each of the conversions, only 4 of them would transfer to the iTunes library and sync to the iPhone. They were all convereted exactly the same, I dont' get it. So, I'm wondering if this is common with Videora and if someone would recommend another software to do the trick. I have a bunch of TV shows downloaded that I want to watch on the phone. neo

No one seems to be able to help me with my picture issues, so I have a new question.

For those of you who convert videos, what program do you use. I currently use Videora iPhone Converter. The thing is, sometimes it works and sometimes it does. Example: A few days ago, I put 6 episodes of a TV show in the log to be converted. I came back a few hours later and while there were files for each of the conversions, only 4 of them would transfer to the iTunes library and sync to the iPhone. They were all convereted exactly the same, I dont' get it. So, I'm wondering if this is common with Videora and if someone would recommend another software to do the trick. I have a bunch of TV shows downloaded that I want to watch on the phone. neo

Hey Neo, what kind of a computer are you on? PC or Mac?

My wife had a patient in her office show her the IPhone and it's all I've been hearing about :lol: She feels that this would be a nice job phone for me, since I occassionally take pictures for work. Up until today, I wasn't convinced. But her and a friend drug me to an Apple store and now I'm sold :D I wouldn't be suprised if I saw this in my Christmas stocking or possible earlier, knowing her ;)

Yep, she's a keeper to say the least Neo ;) We're going on vacation next month, so something tells me I'll be getting it before then and probable something small on Christmas :P Oh, and I had heard on Attack of the Show about the ringtone, download issue and I'm still sold. While I agree, if you pay to download a song, it should be yours to do whatever, I think I can afford a buck here and there to download them as ringtones :D