UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate panel at this year's San Diego Comic Con

Just got an E-Specrtum from DST in my mailbox. Here's a tidbit about a minimate panel planned for the San Diego Comic Con.

Calling All Minimate Fans!

Minimates aren’t just for superheroes any more! Join fellow Minimate fans to discuss your favorite toy line with DST Director Chuck Terceira, Art Asylum’s Donna Soldano and master painter Eddie Wires! Listen in awe as they reveal upcoming Minimates, answer your questions, and show why Minimates are the #1 block-figure in the world! Located in Room 2, this panel will be held Sunday, July 28th from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm.

To all those attending, please give us (non-attendies) a good scoop. We don't want a repeat of the NYCC minimate panel earlier this year. Remember that one? Not a soul reported anything online, not even DST.

Just got an E-Specrtum from DST in my mailbox. Here's a tidbit about a minimate panel planned for the San Diego Comic Con.

Calling All Minimate Fans!

Minimates aren’t just for superheroes any more! Join fellow Minimate fans to discuss your favorite toy line with DST Director Chuck Terceira, Art Asylum’s Donna Soldano and master painter Eddie Wires! Listen in awe as they reveal upcoming Minimates, answer your questions, and show why Minimates are the #1 block-figure in the world! Located in Room 2, this panel will be held Sunday, July 28th from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm.

To all those attending, please give us (non-attendies) a good scoop. We don't want a repeat of the NYCC minimate panel earlier this year. Remember that one? Not a soul reported anything online, not even DST.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=43115

It was mentioned here and at least 2 other places ;)

I'll be there in one form or another, so dont fear we'll let you know of any gossip that is revealed.

T.

I'm not sure if this could even be done but could one of the members going to the panel videotape it and post it on YouTube or something like that? I'm excited to get the info but it would be fun to see the event as it unfolds as well.

I'm not sure if this could even be done but could one of the members going to the panel videotape it and post it on YouTube or something like that? I'm excited to get the info but it would be fun to see the event as it unfolds as well.

It's been discussed but would need a whole slew of permissions... so yes if it's possible we'll sort something out.

T.

From the SDCC website:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_fastfacts.shtml

Turn off that camera (or cellphone)!

No video or audio recording is allowed at movie studio presentations. Each program and presentation has its own rules when it comes to what can and cannot be photographed or recorded. Please abide by those rules when they are stated. These rules also apply to cell phones that contain cameras and video recorders.

It seems to me that the ball is in DST's court. But I don't know how it works or what permissions are needed. If anything, just don't get caught doing it! :tongue:

I just get a feeling that they will announce some new minimates…

Between this and the minimate hunt, this is a great year for minimate fans to attend SDCC! I wish I could go, but alas, I won't be able to this year. Maybe I can work on sending out my astral form......

I was planning on sending my astral form as well. Hopefully, we won't get our signals crossed, as if we merged into one being, i can only imagine how complicated our screen name would be.

drgnlk3146rbrnpi