UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Cars"

So, is anyone here interested in the new "Cars" movie merchandise.

I've actually started a small collection. I loved the movie so I wanted to collect all the "Hot Wheels" style cars. However, I didn't know how hard this was going to be. So far I've got Lightning and Mater and Luigi and Guido and a Tractor. But I've had some problems finding any new ones. I went about a week before the movie and I had Doc, Sally, and Filmore in my hand but I said to myself. "Self, you'll have plenty of time to get those cars, don't worry about it today." So I didn't, and I haven't either of them since. It actually kind stinks.

Also, I've started going to McDonalds. They have 8 "Cars" happy meal toys. I have 6 of them. I'm only Missing Luigi and Lightning. Seriously, I've been looking for two weeks and have found Lightning yet. That kind of suprised me.

So, am I the only "Cars" fan in here or are some of you out there looking for'em too? neo

I haven't even seen the movie yet. One of my sons got a car from a box of Fruit Loops a few days ago. Its a police car and its a pullback. If you want it, I am sure they would give it up.

I have seen the merch at Wal-Mart, but I am usually so disappointed at not finding a ML variant Sentry, that I walk past them without a second look.

[rant] AHHHHHHHHHH Pixar are the spawn of Satan..... [/rant]

I have personal reasons for loathing pixar ( they put me through hell for about a yr) so wont be seeing this one or collecting the toys... just the name makes me twitch :S

T.

I agree, "Cars" was the best Pixar movie yet and that's staying something from the company that brought us Toy Story.

I knew about the cereal toys, but a Battery Pack? Can you be a little more specific JL. Was it like Energizer or something like that? neo

I knew about the cereal toys, but a Battery Pack? Can you be a little more specific JL. Was it like Energizer or something like that? neo

It's hard to explain when I haven't seen the movie, but here goes.

I bought a 6AA or 8AAA pack of Duracell Batteries I believe and included was one of the Cars. Similiar like when they package the mini flashlights. I've only seen three of them and got the main character of the movie. I didn't open the package, if I have time I can post a pic later. They are all pullbacks I believe and have a quick release mechanism. It can be a Street Pump or a Cone.

I got it from an autoparts store. They also has bigger not Duracell versions that all do something special. The tow-tuck can Tow, the other has lights, etc.

Dude, you've got to be kidding me.

1. Cars

2. The Incredibles

3. Toy Story 1 and 2

4. Finding Nemo

5. Monsters Inc.

6. A Bug's Life

at least, to me. neo

Haven't seen the movie yet, but fully intend to. In the meantime, the Matchbox Cars have sucked me in... they're so darn cute and pretty decent quality.

neolego, I talked with one TRU clerk who said they fly off the pegs as fast as the store receives them. I suspect over time they will become easier to find, once the kids have had their fill of the movie. I hope.

Have you heard any rumor of case ratios? Are some rarer than others? I've had piss-poor luck finding many but would like to gather most of them. Surprisingly, I found some at a Walgreens...

Or even a list of characters available? A quick scan of eBay shows many chases out there and color variants not listed on the back of the blister card. hrrrm.

Sweet Mother Load. I just walked out of Walmart with 7 new Matchbox cars. I got the following:

-Dinaco Lightning

-The King

-Ramone (All Purple)

-Wingo

-Filmore

-Leakless (Random Stock Car)

-Nitroade (Random Stock Car)

It was sweet. I LOVE the blue Dinaco Lightning. I only hope I can find a Piston Cup Winner Lighting before it's all over with. I found them behind a bunch of stuffed Cars on an End Cap at Walmart. It felt like Christmas :).

I do have a request. I was collecting all the cars from McDonalds that ended last week. I got 7 or the 8, the only car I'm missing....Lighting. You would think the main character would be easy to find. So, if anyone out there has an extra Happy Meal Lighting they would part with I'm really love to have it :(. neo

I do have a request. I was collecting all the cars from McDonalds that ended last week. I got 7 or the 8, the only car I'm missing....Lighting. You would think the main character would be easy to find. So, if anyone out there has an extra Happy Meal Lighting they would part with I'm really love to have it :(. neo

So you have all the variants then? Which Lightning are you missing? The clean or dirty version? Or is it both?

Crap, I didn't know there were variants of the cars. I knew about the 3 different Ramone's and I have them. So, I guess I need both clean and dirty Lightining, but either one would be great too just so I have one. neo

Crap, I didn't know there were variants of the cars. I knew about the 3 different Ramone's and I have them. So, I guess I need both clean and dirty Lightining, but either one would be great too just so I have one. neo

At the very least, there are variants of Lightning, Mater, Ramone and Flo. Lightning, like I mentioned, has both clean and dirty versions. Mater and Flo have different eyes/expressions on their 'faces' and Ramone, like you mentioned has 3 color variants. I believe all of the cars have facial variants, but I haven't seen all of them yet, so I can't officially confirm that.

That's really cool. I didn't know that. I'm really good with getting at least 1 of each character. While I like variants, I'm not a collection whore that has to have every since thing made.........although, if I have the opportunity I would buy them all :). Guess I'm gonna have to hit ebay. neo

My, I am finding nothing but Lightning McQueen's around here, with the occasional Mater. I remember with much regret seeing nearly all the cars at a Fred Meyer (Krogers) some two months ago.

I can only hope the ratios will even out again here in the next couple of months. :rolleyes:

Riedeen1313, are you talking variants of the McDonalds toys or the Mattel cars?

He was talking about the Variants from McDonalds.

As far as the Mattel Cars go, I'm not aware of any "Variants". There have been cars labeled "Rare" like Dinaco Lighting and Purple Ramone, but not variants.....again, that I'm aware of. neo

i started collecting the cars and found that there are so many of them...............how many i,m not sure but the movie looks cool and i will be going to see it very soon with my 6 year old son who also thinks the film looks great.

i,m a big fan of pixar and toy story was the best...........cant wait to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah-hah! Patience is rewarded: happend by the local Fred Meyer (Krogers) today and they happend to have a bunch characters on the pegs. Seeing as this is Monday, I figure they probably had a couple of cases prior to the weekend. My belief that Mattel is cranking these guys out as fast as they can has paid off; with the patience of the spider I don't have to buy off of those irritating eBay scalpers! :spidey:

So I've got about half the charactes I want and my energy is renewed!

I only hope I can find a Piston Cup Winner Lighting before it's all over with.

:unsure: Haven't heard of this one. More specfics?

I'm trying to justify the muddy McQueen that seems to only be in the Willy's Butte playset.

I only hope I can find a Piston Cup Winner Lighting before it's all over with.

:unsure: Haven't heard of this one. More specfics?

Man, I'm an idiot. To be honest Cappy, I have no idea what I was saying, because that doesn't even make sense. Lightning didn't even with the cup. As I was reading back over that post the only thing I can come up with is a pipe dream. I really want to see a Slick, Glossy Red Lightning with White Walls from the end of the movie. Wow, I'm a moron. :blink: neo

• 3 weeks later...

Okay Cars collectors... My wife and I are looking at the "Radiator Springs Mountian Challenge track set." for our son. The pictures, however don't do it justice. Can anyone tell me what this thing is? Is it worth buying? What does it do?

Thanks.