UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC super friends

so i've been collecting spidey and friends figures for my sons since the beginning, not all of them(like fireman spidey or beach hulk) but the "comic accurate" ones ala captain america, regular spidey, wolverine etc..., and was very excited when i heard about DCs take on them as adding Batman and superman to the play would be cool, now i picked up a Batman only to find that they are smaller than their Marvel counterparts :angry: a little tip to Dc/ Mattel or whomever when you try to rip off or cash in on another companies idea at least follow through and make them as close to the same as possible, not bigger to show your characters are tougher and definately not smaller, especially in a kid oriented line sheesh! :blink:

ok heres some some team up pics, we'll find out who the real heroes are:

shoulder to shoulder- about the same height caps got a bigger noggin' and hands with a friendlier appearance, bats has more definition. both are jointed at hips, shoulders,elbows, wrists and neck, but bats gets the Nod(literally) with a nice ball jointed neck to caps "can only say NO" swivel neck

BatCap1.jpg

Bats has some loooooonnng monkey arms may be good for swinging around Gotham but look kind of funny.

BatCap2.jpg

check out the feet on Cap i guess we know who the real man is. like they say big feet....big super boots!

BatCap3.jpg

HOLY CHOKING HAZZARD, BATMAN!

the two pieces that make up Batmans hands and guantlets come off very easily this could pose a problem for the lil' ones. maybe a recall is in order, those that want one might want to pick it up sooner than later?

BatCap4.jpg

i may be biased(more of a Marvel fan myself, although i do love Batman) but i think the Marvel "spidey and friends"

figures are better, my 5 year old son agrees!

Does the accessories from the Spidey & Friends figures fit in Batman's hands (and vice-versa)? It doesn't look like the back attachments are the same either :(

Batman can hold any of the Marvel accessories, his hands have s lightly larger "grip" than the marvels and on top of that his hands are made of a softer vinyl so there is a little "give" to them.

He also has no problem wearing marvel backpacks though the do sit a little lower on his back.

i tried bats "gun/batarang launcher" in caps hand and although the handle is slightly larger in diameter than Caps "grip" it fits with a bit of pushing, batman does not come with any sort of backpack so i couldn't try it but the back "peg" on the Marvel figs is slightly wider than that on the Dc figs may need some very subtle trimming to get those Dc backpacks on your spidey and friends figs.