UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Thread, it's that time of the year again.

TBT!

Hey Folks,

I was just talking to someone I know about SDCC and realised we don't have a Roll call yet.

The purpose of this thread is dead simple, let us if you're coming to SDCC and which days you'll be here.

That way I can organise a pub meetup or two etc.

I'm going to be there all 4 days cos I live nearby.

T.

^Let's leave the begging out of this thread. I'm sure someone or you will start something closer to the time. It's not nice. Plus they are barely announcing exclusives and Toy companies aren't done.

^Let's leave the begging out of this thread. I'm sure someone or you will start something closer to the time. It's not nice. Plus they are barely announcing exclusives and Toy companies aren't done.

Good enough for me. :thumbsup: I didn't know. :whistling:

I currently plan to be there everyday including Preview Night. Perhaps Owly too. ;)

Maybe all of us should gather around the DC Direct people and force an "Ask DCD" directly. :P

Hey Storm long time no hear! wassup?

Owly! Now that was a classy exclusive, this year they need to make him more 'chick friendly' though ;)

Amusingly the DCD people were pretty chatty last YR until we kept going back trying to get extra GL minimates for the other members, then they turned like a pack of rabid wolves... bless em :P

T.

BTW my cell no. has changed I'll let you know the new one nearer the time if you want to hang out :)

BTW my cell no. has changed I'll let you know the new one nearer the time if you want to hang out :)

TBT, you'll be happy to know I have a new cellphone this year. Storm, we must meet up again this year.

TBT, you'll be happy to know I have a new cellphone this year. Storm, we must meet up again this year.

By “must”, you don’t mean that you’ll ban me if I don’t show up, do you? I just hope that work will let me take off to go to SDCC. Other than that, I don’t want to make Shane mad... :hulk:

And TBT, don't hog all the girls this time!

Well I'm glad we're getting some kind of response out of this thread!!

Here's the reason why:

I live locally in SD and I was chatting to someone I know ( friend of a friend kind of thing) in the pub who it turns out happens to work for Comic-Con so the conversation headed that way and I mentioned that we might like to get a room where we can chill for an hour or so and maybe invite some AA people and some DST people.

So the deal is if we can figure out a day when we'll all be there, we can probably make this happen officially! Have it listed on the Comic-Con website, listed in the Comic-Con program book on the schedule and maybe generate some buzz.

Ady feel free to ask me to make it offically a "Minimate Multiverse LIVE Get Together" or something along those lines.

Apparently if the Simpsons collectors and the ball-joint-doll collectors can get a room we can do the same thing, it's a 125 seat room.

So let me hear some feedback!!!!

T.

• 2 weeks later...
So I wonder if DST will be having a minimate panel at San Diego. My money's on that they will.

It'd be cool if they do, and unlike NY I imagine a bunch of us will be at this one to heckle Donna and Chuck :D

I'll ask around and see what I can dig up on the subject. ( Yes that means buying people beer, the things I do for you guys)

BTW I'm a little underwhelmed at the response to my post above, if I cant get enough feedback then it might not happen.

T.